Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trimming - Rough/Smooth Water  (Read 2187 times)

johnukhenry

Trimming - Rough/Smooth Water
« on: January 05, 2007, 06:52:55 am »

Can't remember where/which forum i read this, or it might be old age catching up but its the subject of rough water running.

Being a bit of wimp I internet weather watch and only run my larger/faster boat on fairly glass/smooth water as anything too rough makes things TOO exciting if things get hairy without a rescue boat. Does the moving of battary backwards or forwards to 'trim' the boat for rough or smoother waters make any difference. I am used to trimming my aircraft but this is all new to me.

Thanks John

Daryl

Re: Trimming - Rough/Smooth Water
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 08:56:37 am »

Its common practise in the  FE series of SWAMBC to move the battery around depending on the wave conditions. Needless to say lots of experimintation.

Hope this helps
Daryl

BobF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 12:06:39 pm »

Hi johnukhenry,

I have a Dateline Cherokee, and the instructions suggest moving the batteries forwards for calm water and backwards for rough water. I presume this is to stop the boat hooking in rough conditions.

Bob

Bridkid

• Full Mayhemer
    • Bridlington Model Boat Society
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 03:53:42 pm »

Hmmm,
well I actually move my cells forward for rough weather to keep the nose down, not a lot I'll grant you, but forward nevertheless. Just one teeny quarter of an inch can make quite a difference.

Trial and error is perhaps the best method, just make sure you aren't too ar away from land when you open up the throttle if you don't have access to a rescue boat! Anyway, racing in rough weather is much more fun!!
Cheers,
Ian. 8)

BobF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 05:35:03 pm »

HI IAN,

Trust you to move your batteries the wrong way.  ;D

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.