Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: St Helens Model Boat Club  (Read 6016 times)

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
St Helens Model Boat Club
« on: May 03, 2010, 05:05:08 pm »

Just a word from a Model Boat club based in st Helens on Merseyside.  Details as per the below:

Location - County: Merseyside
Description/directions to location: The Big Dam, Taylor Park, Grosvenor Road, St Helens
Type: General boating lake
Size: Heroic
Depth: "Waders"
Shoreline access: Full access
Toilets / Shop / other facilties: Toilets at Ranger Centre a few metres away from the boathouse and toilets for club members and guests use only in the boathouse
Open Public Access: Access with model boat insurance only
Any restrictions? Everything except I/C

Contact: Christine Evans (Secretary) Dave Maddocks (Chairman) as of 13th February 2010

Web Site:  www.sthelensmodelboatclub.co.uk

"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
Re: St Helens Model Boat Club
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 11:01:42 pm »

looks great do they do tugtowing events/when do they sail wouldn't mind going. not too far from me that lake

Steve

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 09:55:53 pm »

The club meet on Sunday and Wednesday mornings from approx 9.30 to 12.00.

They are a small club in terms of membership, with approximately 20 members, so up to now thier events list is small. The main event of the year takes place in September with this years taking place on 5th September.  It is referred to as a funday and invited clubs come along to meet old friends and have a sail on the significantly sized lake. The event is put on in conjunction with the local council who encourage the event in order to get people to use the Park.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 02:44:26 pm »

Please note the addition of the link to the new Website

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 06:10:39 pm »

enighten us? is it a private lake in a public park with restricted use? It certainly looks a big lake in the picture

dbninja

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 08:44:26 pm »

enighten us? is it a private lake in a public park with restricted use? It certainly looks a big lake in the picture

it was 18...

its 19 members now..... :} :} :}

David

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 08:01:49 pm »

i have sailed at the club as a guest, and I have to say that they are welcoming to visitors.  however note of caution, the pontoon jetty is actually floating and so does move around. if you feel seasick on there, this is why :)
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

rumrat

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 10:51:13 am »

Dear Shipmates

I am a member of the HMS Cleopatra Old Shipmates Association, I have a great affection for this ship and her crew, having served in her in the mid 60's, in the Far East and on Beira patrols. Wanting a replica model I was put in touch with Paul who built a 1/94 Sirmar model of her, a difficult task as she was fitted with the VDS at the stern. a very nice model and a permament reminder of hectic but happy times. Wanting somewhere to sail her paul intoduced me to St Helens Model Boat Club. With their help and advice I stated to build my own Models. Great bunch of lads and lasses and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their friendship and generosity.

I am not a spokesman for the club, just came across this on the forum.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 05:38:10 pm »

topic tidied up

Bob
Officially a GOG.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.