Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: kyosho seawind  (Read 7104 times)

triumphjon

kyosho seawind
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:58:17 pm »

ive just acquired a second hand seawind that needs a little attention , the keel has a couple of chunks missing from it ! ( must have been a hungary fish in the lake !  {-) )  although its rigged  has anybody got a diagram of how the sailwinch ( arm ) running lines should run please ? 

Robert Davies

Re: kyosho seawind
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 12:27:31 am »

Hello!

The build instructions are here:

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/downloads/manuals/40460-instructions.pdf

Somewhere about page 15 is what you need :-)

-Rob

triumphjon

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 05:43:30 pm »

thank you going to look this evening !   :-))

triumphjon

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:19:32 pm »

thanks for the link ive got a copy of the manual , just refitted my rebiult keel  bolted with stainless nuts & washer  got a tempory receiver battery pack ( its only 4 cells ) new 6 volt (5 cells ) pack will be ordered next week from howes  just need a dry afternoon or evening to go to the lake & learn to sail !  {-)

georgandis

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 09:16:17 am »

hi

i have lost my kicking strap to my seawind, i have asked many many people as to where i can buy a new onw.  does any one know where i can buy a new kicking strap/rod for me boat.

please help

thanks

G

georgandis

KYOSHO Seawind spares?
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 09:18:43 am »

HI

PLEASE HELP, I HAVE LOST THE KICKER STRAP FOR MY SEAWIND.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO BUY A NEW ONE AND NO ONE IS ABLE TO HELP ME.

THE KICKING STRAP CONNECTS THE BOOM TO THE MAST AAND STOPS THE BOOM FROM LIFTING.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?

THANKS

GEORGE

Robert Davies

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 10:34:32 am »

Just about any *proper* model shop that has anything to do with model aircraft should be able to sort you out.

Ball jointed control rods are not uncommon in larger model aircraft - and a ball jointed control rod is pretty much what the kicker is.

If you need genuine Kyosho parts, the Kyosho supply chain in the UK is improving, so ordering one from a dealer that stocks Kyosho *may* be possible, but probably not very quick....

-Rob

Robert Davies

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 03:11:09 pm »

The kicker parts are contained in "K.SW17 ROD SET - SEAWIND @ 13.66 GBP"

Which is on this page:

http://www.tamiyaparts.co.uk/tamiyaparts/tpx/kyosho.htm

There y'go!

-Rob

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: kyosho seawind - modified rigging-might be of interest
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 05:56:41 pm »

triumphjon,
Not too many months back I put together a 1M CFE Seawind. I don't know if you saw my post on this project. You might be interested in seeing the modifications I made to the factory sail management arrangement, to a simpler and cleaner set up. I have included some pictures that show you my setup and a picture of the factory set up to contrast the changes.

True, the changes are slight, the effect (improvement) is quite noticeable. I used a deck mounted bracket to install a SS Snap ring to replace the rubber/plastic bearing ring (O-ring) which was suspended between the two large wenches on both sides of the deck. I also used a smaller SS Snap ring to attach the jib and main sail lines to the line feeding aft into the servo pulley. If nothing else this change cleans up the "bird's nest" of lines the factory set up creates.

The other minor changes included replacing the factory shrouds lines and backstay with 1 x 7 strand SS nylon coated leader (about 30lb test) and SS turnbuckles to manage the tension on the rigging and as you can see in the picture, I installed a modified hatch cover to cure the inherit leaky designed the factory hatch provides.
Oh, one other thing that helps is a customer sail servo arm. 

I hope you enjoy your new boat!
G'day mate.
Winchaser

triumphjon

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 11:06:05 pm »

thank you new boat is going very well , now that ive modified the hatch , ive made my own useing some 5mm clear perspex , a d profile rubber seal & 5 m4 stainless steel bolts , the hatch now seals thanks to being secured with wing nuts ! ive also fitted a 6volt nimh rx pack & 2.4 ghz rx . as im not into raceing , its just for fun . although ive bought a wee nip kit of wood from traplet so my girlfreind can come & sail too ! !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.