Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delicate Subject Re: Bismarck  (Read 8466 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Delicate Subject Re: Bismarck
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2010, 06:33:55 pm »

I worked with a driver who was a tank driver in WW2.

He was captured by the Japanese and ended up in Changi Jail.

Most of the men he served with died in Changi but he said he was the fortunate one, they only cut off three of his fingers over a period of time for amusement and regularly beat him.

He was 13 stone when captured and 6.5 stone when he was repatriated.

He hated the Japanese with a passion and always said if one crossed the road in front of him whilst he was driving he would run them down.

Lets not be too quick to judge.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

The long Build

Re: Delicate Subject Re: Bismarck
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 08:03:42 pm »

I think the railway scene was pretty good , Some people will always find something to be offended about , unfortunately its the way of the world.

My Grandfather served in the War  , he watched war movies , and was not offended by any airfix models I built , He did not like the Japanese , Germans, French , Americans , Come to think about it he did not like most nations but would always be very polite to my Cousins Japanese Girlfriend at the time, in fact it was us who panicked when we took her to see a local church in Cheshire and they Had VJ poster in the hallway , see saw them and was understood totally.

One film in particular "Wgere eagles Dare" or was it the eagles have Landed ? anyway He actually felt sorry for the Germans in that and smiled when Larry Hagman got shot..

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.