Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where can i run a nitro boat?  (Read 2747 times)

dickyc

Where can i run a nitro boat?
« on: April 07, 2009, 07:53:29 pm »

Hi guys,

Further to my post in the beginners section, i have decided to get the boat i acquired up and running again but i seem to be having a major problem, There seems to be nowhere where i can run a nitro boat!!!!

I live in Sutton Bridge in Lincolnshire where there is a local club but they dont allow nitro, neither do Kings Lynn, Huntingdon or Peterborough which is near work! Im just stuffed!

So, Where can i run this boat? Is there anybody near me who has a nitro who wants a mate/shadow to run with? As an aside, Norwich is the only club which seems to have a class for fast electric and nitro.

Hope someone can help as i really dont want to convert this boat to electric.

Thanks

Rich.

omra85

Re: Where can i run a nitro boat?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:50:22 pm »

Richard
If it's a multi boat, Peterborough have a strong following at Orton Mere (different lake to the scale guys).  The multi blokes even hold their National champs somewhere near Lincoln.  Have a look at Bob Daniel's site -
http://www.modelboatracing.co.uk/ for some links.
If its an Offshore type boat, the nearest I am aware of is Leicester - http://www.omra-uk.org/venues.html
There may be other clubs which allow IC but don't hold races.  The MPBA has links but they may not be up to date -
http://www.mpba.org.uk/affiliates/affiliated_clubs.htm
Hope that helps
Danny

BJ

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 04:00:16 pm »

Hope someone can help as i really dont want to convert this boat to electric.

Nor does anyone want to have to go electric! Send me some contact details by PM. I have access to some water - not the best but atleast it is wet.

(By the way Danny - it is my Zone Alarm firewall that is giving me grief. I had to switch to IE's firewall to log on to reply here!)

admiral donuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 05:32:29 pm »

Norwich Model Boat Club holds races and meetings every wednesday afternoon and competition races on a sunday afternoon
hope this helps
Regards, Admiral Donuts

john54

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 07:31:47 pm »

:o

vintagent

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 05:00:21 pm »

Hi, I live near Wisbech and just use local waterways. I can walk from here to a calm, still, narrowish river which has a bridge to get to the other bank and a slipway and disabled fishing staithes, which are rarely used.  No license, no tosh, no club, just water. make as much noise as you like, there ain't nobody there but us chickens!
Good ol' Fenland, eh?  Water everywhere.
PM me if you're interested.  My son and I are about to change from electric to IC.  Can't afford all this elctronickery!

Regards,
Vintagent
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.