Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: elco 8o  (Read 4279 times)

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer
elco 8o
« on: January 06, 2007, 05:57:15 pm »

italeri have surpased themselves, a 1/35 Elco 80'. she is nice. bought it today. plus 3 motors, 3 shafts. should be fun. hav'nt done a plastic kit for years. be interesting to wether i actualy finish this.
it does beg the question, what next. what with revells u-boat and Gato. neither small models and both highly detailed
grumpy old XXX

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: elco 8o
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 06:54:08 pm »

:)Hi  just got mine this morning will fit 3 motors 3 rudders  jjc sound systems  and working radar  and lights. Paints will be from  White Ensign models  accurate paint colors.  ;D

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 09:32:24 pm »

been trying to paste from favourites, where i keep all usefill stuff, but now found have to copy from where you type in the query.
http://www.williammaloney.com/Aviation/ElcoPTBoat/index.htm. lots of usefull piccies here.
grumpy old XXX

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 08:36:10 pm »

Does  anyone fancy doing a build for us???  ;)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 10:19:42 pm »

:)Hi  just got mine this morning will fit 3 motors 3 rudders  jjc sound systems  and working radar  and lights. Paints will be from  White Ensign models  accurate paint colors.  ;D

Stan, I hope you are going to finish that ironing board first!! ;D ;D ;D
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 07:44:53 pm »

will put some photos in of my build when i get round to it. feeling decidly lazy at the moment.
any way she is coming along a treat.
bit stuck on the colours to use. 3 different greens. been in touch with White ensign, who apperently  do the correct ones, but havnt heard as yet. Hannants have also come up with some possibilities.
colin
grumpy old XXX

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 11:36:14 am »

here are a few photos of Italeri Elco boat. it was a nice build, although some parts were a bit tricky to fit in the right place, had to use a lens(cant spell magnyfin), also reckon some of it will definatly get broken or fall of. spent a long time deciding on access.
first thought was to have the whole deck remoable, it is fixed down with screws, tried that but noticed the deck bowed.
so, move on to idea 2. have the superstructure removable. it is located with lugs, so locating not a problem and sure i could hide a screw somewhere. found that the superstrutuer wasnt a good fit, especialy the forward wheelhouse. the problem was that the deck was tooo bendy.
so idea 3. fixed the wheelhouse to the deck and cut off the rear part of the deck. the 2 other sections of the superstructure will be glued together the held down with a hidden screw. this now gives access to the rudder gear, and leaves enough room to slide a battery i. havnt tried out the servo and speed control yet, but reckon it will go.
tried her in the bath, 3 motors and 7.2v 200mah cells. very close to the water line, so have bought a 7.2v 1600mah pack, bit lighter and smaller. havnt tried it yet.
painting isnt sorted yet, still waiting to hear back from White Ensign, but Hannants have replied and they reckon they can help.
if any one can come up with sugetions on the right shade of greens, would be gratefull. also could do with some help on weathering.
ta.
grumpy old XXX

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 10:43:21 am »

Colin,

What size motors did you install in your Elco? 

I just received my kit this weekend & will be shopping next week for electronics when I get back to the States. 

Chuck
"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

maninthestreet

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 11:52:30 am »

Even with only 385 motors, a lightweight plastic boat like this is going to take off with 3 of them, isnt it?

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 08:32:14 pm »

How much are they please. can they be obtained in the UK?

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

maninthestreet

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 10:09:55 pm »

How much are they please. can they be obtained in the UK?

Ken

In the region of £50 - £60.

Search on google for them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.