Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Credit Surcharge  (Read 5227 times)

FullLeatherJacket

Re: Credit Surcharge
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 07:14:14 pm »

AMBUSH CUSTOMERS, ???   it looks like you did not bother to check your facts as well. ??
Deans Marine
I have sent a PM to Deans Marine in reply to this comment et seq.
This post is simply to make the point that I didn't accuse anyone of ambushing customers; I simply stated that we  wouldn't do such a thing.
It's pretty clear when you read the written words, instead of the lines in between.
FLJ

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 07:58:45 pm »

You don't fly Ryanair then DG?  ok2

I only fly aircraft that I personally own....

The long Build

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 08:39:00 pm »

You don't fly Ryanair then DG?  ok2
Don't think Ryan Air are flying Ryan air much at the moment either !!   :}

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 09:08:50 pm »

The problem really lies with banks and card processing companies out to get their pound of flesh. I have a brilliant card processing deal through my trade association - £15 a month plus 13p for a debit card or 1.3% for a credit card...

as long as the customer is in the shop. As soon as I put through a 'customer not present' sale the rate goes up almost to Paypal's extortionate level. Actually, 75% of my business is still cash, but that's no answer either. I'm charged for putting cash in the bank, charged for putting cheques in, and charged for getting change.

These are heavy expenses for small businesses. With card use growing all the time though, I do think it is better just to whack the costs onto prices. I don't put on a surcharge every time my other costs go up.
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 11:03:52 pm »

Look, the bottom line here is the price quoted is the price and is what forms the contract.  :-))
As someone has said if at the time of paying extra charges are added for whatever reason which were not disclosed at the time of tendering the price, means the contact is null and void and is subject to renegotiation. <*<
It is a coppout to say the costs are levied by banks, govt etc., >>:-( >>:-(  others don't, yes they may be included in the price but the price is what you pay no extras!  :police:
Give the customer the ALL UP price. <*<, :-))
Doesn't matter how good the product is, it still sneaky business. :police:
But remember once bitten twice shy., >:-o
After all it is up to the buyer to decide to do business with such a firm again.  O0
Me, well I don't.  >>:-( <*< <:(

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 04:42:31 am »

the customers who pays with a bank transfer, debit card, electronic transfer, cash and cheques do NOT like  have "hidden" charges in the price to subsidise the customers who use credit cards.
  Order on-line, then change you mind, and phone the order in and say its a debit card, and its a credit card, then complain to try to get the charges back will not work either, if this cause any problems, phone it with a DEBIT card and we will refund all the not hidden charge to you.
 Its is being honest with the customers.
   Deans Marine

Am I understnding this correctly, that you are saying that because a customer exercises freedom of choice in choosing a payment system you are offering, then other customers will subsidise that transaction.  
There used to be an item of expenditure called overheads as well as the item "PROFITS" that was taken into account when setting prices.
Why is this not an overhead cost????????????????????????????? that should be included in the price and not an "add on again" to be borne by the customer.
Is that good customer service.?????????????????
Because customers are trying to get around this charge"then complain to try to get the charges back /there is obviously a problem, maybe the solution is get rid of the probelm and apply good customer service.

chingdevil

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 12:22:48 pm »

MODERATION

If you have any complaint with a supplier it should always be taken up with them, this forum is NOT and never has been the place to air your grievances against a supplier.

The thread in now locked

Brian
Global Moderator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.