Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Component shop  (Read 4937 times)

triumphjon

Re: Component shop
« on: May 13, 2010, 09:14:14 pm »

has anybody else used this shoddy supplier ?  i bought a 6 volt battery pack last week  , charged it before use to find it didnt work , as no volts present , upon checking  one of the link tabs was broken  & the +ve wire fell off !    ive tried to phone them & sent 2 emails , both of which have been ignored !   its almost like ive had your money Implied swearing removed ? !

AL 1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: component-shop
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 09:17:42 pm »

ive used the component shop many times with no problems fast delivery and cheap prices you must have been unlucky

ixion

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 09:17:54 pm »

Yes, I use them all the time as they are local to me. Never had anything but fantastic service from them.

chingdevil

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:28:38 pm »

I have nothing but praise for them, good service and very fast delivery, did you e-mail their technical service? technical@component-shop.co.uk.
I was not aware you could phone them, I have never seen a number on their site.

Brian

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 09:50:06 pm »

Component shop, like many of the small suppliers, spend a lot of time around the country attending shows to try to generatre business.  I and a number of others in my boat club have dealt with them and had no problems and I know for a fact that they were at Harrogate last weekend so they would have been out of touch for at least four days. Expecting an immediate response from a number of e-mails within the space of a week is probably expecting a lot of most small traders who spend a high percentage of thier time travelling.

I've also had e-mail correspondence with them in the past so I do think you are unlucky in finding a faulty battery and I'm sure when you get in touch with them that they will resolve the issue immediately.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

andyn

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 10:02:49 pm »

I've had nothing but flawless service from them. Bought a 12v 17ah Pb and a pair of 6v 5ah that both arrived next day for £2 delivery...

knoby

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 10:11:27 pm »

i have bought several items from them at different times & never had a problem, although I have found them slow on one occasion replying to email. This was due to them attending shows & as soon as they returned, they replied.
I just think you have been unlucky with this item & would urge you to be patient with then, as they seem to be a good company in general.

I have no connection with then other than being a satisfied customer

cheers Glenn

rats

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 01:49:07 am »

I can only add to previous replies - have used them several times excellent service no complaints at all

Peter

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is theBest!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 02:37:26 am »

As all of the above.
Have used many times, with no problems, and normally very fast and efficient service

Peter

hopeitfloats

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 06:09:06 am »

maybe they should buy a laptop so they can answer mail while they are away.... or like a company i  had an order put through to and they had an automatic email reply that said they were away for xx days and would reply as soon as they were back.  annoying at the time but at least i knew my email  was received and i could expect a reply later.

The long Build

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 08:14:10 am »

I think to come on and start a thread using words like "Shoddy" is a bit off..

Might have been a bit more diplomatic to start off with

" Has anybody had dealings with Said company and had any issues"

FAR to often I think people people start threads firing from the hips without thinking of the possible impact it could have to the said company..Not to mention if it was considered as slander this forum could be impacted as well.

Me personally have always found the Component shop helpful and without problem.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 08:37:06 am »

I use Component Shop a lot and they are an excellent company.

If I order AM, I invariably receive the goods the following day.

They are really cheap and they do not overcharge for their postage.

I have only ever had a couple of problems and these were dealt with immediately.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 08:47:10 am »

I have nothing but praise for them, good service and very fast delivery, did you e-mail their technical service? technical@component-shop.co.uk.
I was not aware you could phone them, I have never seen a number on their site.

Brian

Their phone number is on their ad in Model Boats magazine Brian 0845 1309967.  :-))

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 08:51:02 am »

We know Iain and Natasha of Component Shop very well, and they are two of the hardest-working people you could imagine. Their domain name has several E-Mail addresses associated with it e.g sales@, info@, and every one of these is subject to spammers. I know they have some decent anti-spam software in place but the rubbish still gets through. We get maybe 20 items of spam a day and our software is second to none. The problem is compounded when you have several addresses.

In consequence they have maybe 800 E-mails every day to wade through, many of which are spam and a lot of others are, frankly, unnecessary e.g. "How much is it if I buy two of these and three of those?". I think you'd find the Graingers at SHG would tell you much the same thing about their E-Mail. On-Line Ordering websites are intended for customers to select and order their own goods, by and large without any further assistance from the vendor. That's why they are on-line, after all.

If you have a faulty item then why not just put it into a Jiffy Bag and send it back with a note? That's all C-S would tell you; there's nothing else which could be done, is there? I know that it will be replaced without any argument or fuss, and your postage will be refunded too.

As for "shoddy", you're way off beam - as you have probably realised already.

FLJ

Inkmark

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 09:09:16 am »

I will add another voice in praise of Component Shop.
Ordered some stuff, after two weeks it had not arrived.
Phoned and had a very pleasant discussion about the problems of delivery,
replacements arrived next day.
For me always fast and courteous service.
Cheers
Mark

jabba

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 09:25:48 am »

i order items from component shop most weeks,
i can say i never had any problem at all,
usually next day delivery,
a friend has also ordered, but item took 2 weeks to arrive, he
sent various emails with no reply from component shop.
but i will order as usual.
 keep up he good work component shop
        jabba.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 09:49:05 am »

Both times I used them, bits hit the mat the following day.

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

regiment

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 10:10:11 am »

last week i e mailed mtroniks about a esc no answer yet  but i am a patience man  regiment

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 11:38:56 am »

Remember triumphjon, Confucius him say ----

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away, and you have their shoes.  :-))

BoatyBoy

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 12:33:26 pm »

Component shop are superb, this criticism is totally unjustified  >>:-(

triumphjon

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 12:35:43 pm »

maybee im the unluky one who has receivedcthe rouge pack , but i know if one of my customers couldnt contact me i wouldnt get the next job being offered ! 

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 12:59:19 pm »

maybee im the unluky one who has receivedcthe rouge pack , but i know if one of my customers couldnt contact me i wouldnt get the next job being offered ! 
That may be true, but why do you want to contact them anyway? If the item is faulty and you can't fix it yourself then just send it back; it surely can't be fixed over the telephone.
Either that or write off the cost to experience and go elsewhere for a replacement. Component Shop isn't the only supplier of such items, but none is 100% perfect and they can't be expected to check every single battery pack which they send out.
Suit yourself.
FLJ

BTW I think that should be "rogue" pack..............unless you mean that it made you see red  8)

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 01:44:45 pm »

In consequence they have maybe 800 E-mails every day to wade through, many of which are spam and a lot of others are, frankly, unnecessary e.g. "How much is it if I buy two of these and three of those?". I think you'd find the Graingers at SHG would tell you much the same thing about their E-Mail. On-Line Ordering websites are intended for customers to select and order their own goods, by and large without any further assistance from the vendor. That's why they are on-line, after all.

FLJ

Hi FLJ, I fit into this catergory namely "unnecessary" why because their (SHG) on line catalogue says"Italeri SCHNELLBOOT S-100
.............................. and R/C conversion kit are available for this model

However, I can't find the price or how to order the item in the catalogue and have tried several times to get a response from them via email.
So perhaps we should all acknowledge that whilst in the main it all goes according to plan, we should also acknowledge that "hiccups" which are frustrating, do occur and are frankly unnecessary.
Just because no one else has said they have a problem does not mean it did not occur.
The effective commentators are those being constructive such as giving a phone contact, etc, to help resolve the issue, and in my case alternate suppliers.
With SHG I am unable to contact them by telephone and I rely on email but they don't for whatever reason.  <:(  <:(

jabba

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 02:38:29 pm »

Hope you get your pack sorted triumphjon.
i sent them a email 3 days ago and got a reply the next day,
 dan seems a nice guy,i'm sure he will sort it for you.
   COMPONANT SHOP ALL THE WAY.
              jabba.

tony52

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 06:19:40 pm »

Component shop are superb, this criticism is totally unjustified  >>:-(
Must agree 100% with this comment.

Tony
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.