Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASPEN duel electronic switcher  (Read 4175 times)

Tugwilson

ASPEN duel electronic switcher
« on: May 14, 2010, 01:10:38 pm »

I’m stumped and could do with some help. Has anyone come across this radio control switcher.
The info on the cover reads "Aspen duel electronic switcher, 3Amp 24V Type'C'.

The ship it's in is a 1:40 scale Tall ship (Frigate) there are stern thrusters fitted to assist in tacking and turning these work either side when the rudder is activated
somehow this unit fires the pump fitter to give a jet of water on the side that the rudder has been activated to turn.

My problem at the moment is I need to know how this needs to be wired up so I can unravel the birds nest I have in the hold of the ship.

Hope someone out there can help

Regards Tugwilson

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
Re: ASPEN duel electronic switcher
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:59:12 pm »

Tug,

If this is the same outfit, you'll find contact details here.

http://www.aspen-electronics.com/contactus.asp

Cheers,

Barry M

Tugwilson

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 06:41:18 am »

Thanks Barry, tried that but they are not much help i'm afraid.
I even phoned them but they only said they would get back to me. like (don't phone us we'll phone you)
but ya never know. i live in hope.

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 08:03:36 am »

Tug,

With a birds nest of wiring and an oddball lump of a switcher, I would take it all out and wire in your own circuit with a couple of microswitches from Maplins operating off the rudder arm. It's a very simple circuit or, alternatively, I expect that FLJ at ACTion would wave something electronic at you for a contribution to his retirement fund.

Cheers,

Barry M

Tugwilson

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 03:20:03 pm »

thanks for that BarryM, i'm very tempted, I think i'll see if i can draw a circuit first to make sure i have it right then will take your advise.
it can't be any worse than it is now.
The only problem i have is the stern thrusters are ment to give thrust when the ruder moves and as you suggest take some switches off the rudder arm but i can't get to it as the decks are in the way. i'm going to have to think my way round this. but I apresiate you help.

best regards Tug

Patrick Henry

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 07:20:27 pm »

I may be wrong, but I believe Aspen Electronics was run by a guy named Dennis Ursell, he lived next door but one to me in (would you believe...Aspen Road in Eastbourne). He used to build radio sets as well, the name of which I think was Kingshill Navigator, or something very similar.

Do a search on here for a chap who posts under the name of Hunter...Graham from Hunter Systems in Eastbourne. He lived two doors up from me the other way, and he knew Dennis very well, Graham is still trading and making electronic items. He may be able to assist you.

Rich

Tugwilson

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 01:58:03 am »

Thank for taking the trouble to advise Rich. I'll see if i can trake him down.
Will post anything i find out on here just incase someone else has the same problem later.

Tugwilson

Patrick Henry

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 06:13:09 am »

This is Graham's website with contact details, Tug http://shop.huntersystems.co.uk/ ...or pm him though this site.

Rich

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 08:36:19 am »

If I read this correctly then there are two pumps involved; one squirting in each direction when the rudder turns that way. If so then our P91 will do the job if you can't get the info required about the other gizmo.
http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/P91.pdf
Suit yourself.
FLJ

HUNTER

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 01:48:53 pm »

I’m stumped and could do with some help. Has anyone come across this radio control switcher.
The info on the cover reads "Aspen duel electronic switcher, 3Amp 24V Type'C'.

The ship it's in is a 1:40 scale Tall ship (Frigate) there are stern thrusters fitted to assist in tacking and turning these work either side when the rudder is activated
somehow this unit fires the pump fitter to give a jet of water on the side that the rudder has been activated to turn.

My problem at the moment is I need to know how this needs to be wired up so I can unravel the birds nest I have in the hold of the ship.

Hope someone out there can help

Regards Tugwilson

Hi,
I have just looked at your thread, I am Graham Sheppard and I run Hunter Systems. Several years ago, I purchased ASPEN PRODUCTS.
You can reach me on 01323 503336 where I will try and help you.
Regards
Graham

Tugwilson

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 07:07:36 pm »

Hi Graham,
               Thanks for the offer. at the moment I'm waiting for Dave at Action-electronics to get back to me, were trying to change the system as it is not working and although i contacted Aspen they don't seem to be interested in helping so i'm thinking of changing the system to one of Daves systems.
I'll see what he comes up with and contact you if i feel it's not right for me.

regards Tugwilson

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 08:37:51 pm »

I dont think the 'Aspen Electronics' linked to in the second post is the same as 'Aspen Products' that made made your switcher.

Tugwilson

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 05:50:51 am »

Thats interesting Mankster thanks for that. what makes you say that. have you got another contact that i can try?

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 08:02:14 am »

Tug,

I think the clue is here -

Hi,
I have just looked at your thread, I am Graham Sheppard and I run Hunter Systems. Several years ago, I purchased ASPEN PRODUCTS.
You can reach me on 01323 503336 where I will try and help you.
Regards
Graham
Unquote

Regards

Barry M

Tugwilson

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 11:36:27 am »

deeeeer sorry about that. I read it as I have purchased Aspen products as in one or two bit. not the compnay...no fool like an old fool ha.
will phone you later today if thats ok have to go shopping. my turn to play pack horse.

Tugwilson

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 02:11:01 pm »

OK everyone. it's sorted at last.

I would like to thank the lads who helped me out here, just goes to show what a brilliant forum this is.

best regards to all.

Tugwilson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.