Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a Model Boat Club in Melbourne  (Read 2653 times)

HMSCalcutta

Is there a Model Boat Club in Melbourne
« on: December 21, 2006, 06:50:34 am »

Is there a Model Boat Club in Melbourne?   ???

If so, how does one get in contact?

Cheers, HMSCalcutta

Yabbie 1

Re: Is there a Model Boat Club in Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 08:03:12 am »

Ahoy HMSCalcutta,

There are few groups or clubs in Melbourne, depending on your suburb or interest.  One of the main ones is the Surrey Park Model Boat Club at Box Hill, see: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~spmbc/  They are steam/sail/electric, with good club facilities and a large membership of around 70.

I am in the north western suburbs and sail with the Broadmeadows Model Boat Group every second Sunday from about 1pm at Northcorps lake, off Mahoneys Road, Broadmeadows.  We have sail, scale, submarines etc. - why not pay us a visit, ask for John.  We are associated with the Cairnlea Model Boat Group, a small group that operates from the Cairnlea Estate out Deer Park way.

Another group sails at Lake Illawong, at a retirement village at Pattersons Lakes.  They have a nice setting with shade and a "beach" and sail about one a month.  Let me know if you need more details.

Other clubs sail yachts at Albert Park and Lilydale or race hydroplanes at Cherry Lake and there is a scale club at Geelong.  There are probably others too that I don't know about.

Yabbie 1

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.