Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 50 Years  (Read 5543 times)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
50 Years
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:47:38 am »

My wife Bev and I celebrated our Golden Wedding anniversary on 14th May, with a dinner at the local club on Saturday 15th. All members but one of the original wedding party were present, the exception being my youngest sister, one of the bridesmaids, who is currently in England. Even Bev's pretty little flower girl was there - she was 7 at the time but is now a grandmother herself  :o

We had a great night with, appropriately enough, 50 friends and family, including our 4 children, their partners, and 7 grandchildren, helping us celebrate. A friend of mine remarked that 50 years looking ahead is a very long time, but it doesn't seem nearly as long when you look back, and he's right, you have to wonder where the years have gone. It's said that time passes quickly when you're having fun  O0 It has been fun, most of the time  ok2 and I hope we have many more years together, because I have a lot of boats to build and I need Bev to keep feeding me  {-)

Peter.

tassie48

Re: 50 Years
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 03:12:09 am »

Well done fifty years on glad you enjoyed yourself tassie48

Patrick Henry

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:26:03 am »

Congratulations to both of you!!!

barryfoote

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 07:40:28 am »

Peter,

Many many congratulations to you, your good wife and your family. Occasions like this rekindle my faith in humanity. I am delighted for you. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:13:32 am »

Here! Here!That's a real achievement in this day-and-age.   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 08:20:44 am »

Warmest congratulations to you both Peter.  It seems that more and more people are either opting to go through life on thier own or the slightest indication of a problem leads to a divorce so it's reassuring to see that someone still stays with thier partner for fifty years. 
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Patternmaker

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 09:12:52 am »

Congratulations to you both Peter, ours will be 53 years in October, as the saying goes it don't seem a day to much.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 09:21:59 am »

Congratulations Peter, may you both have many more years of fun ahead of you.

We shall be 40 next year!

Colin

JayDee

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the VERY Best !
    • JOHN DOWD
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 09:33:11 am »

Hello,

Delighted to report that my wife Hazel and I will be celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary on Friday, 21st of this month !!!!.

John.  :-)  :-)  :-)
My Projects, Photos and Videos
http://www.john-dowd.

Patrick Henry

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 11:51:15 am »

Hello,

Delighted to report that my wife Hazel and I will be celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary on Friday, 21st of this month !!!!.

And more congratulations to you two as well!!

Rich

vintagent

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 12:50:09 pm »

Am I seeing a pattern here?
Having an interest keeps you well balanced and happy so your marriage lasts longer??

Congratulations all. I was late into it all, but nonetheless have had my bride for 20 years now and no, it just doesn't seem possible...that anyone could put up with me for that long!!
Regards,
Vintagent

Ron1

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 02:01:54 pm »

Hello,

Well done to both of you, John you must have married late in life,  ;) ;) can you remember breaking 7 mirror,s, I always say to the wife, I carnt believe I broke 6 and ready to drop another, the train robbers never got that long of a sentance. well done. :-)) :-))

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 02:43:31 pm »

Best of luck for the next fifty Peter, only a baby myself just 40 years................... :-)) :-))

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

regiment

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 06:30:32 pm »

58 this year must be doing something right  regiment

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 06:51:32 pm »

Hearty congratulations all round then by the sound of things! Marriage isn't easy, it requires a lot of input and dedication, it's all about caring , sharing, and giving and when you love one another you can ride out the worst storms. I can't lay claim to such longevity in marriage but we both married for the second time and it has lasted for 30 years (next year).

Well done men!

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 07:17:07 pm »

I'm only up to 46 years......but I guess that being stuck on some ocean or other for a lot of the time kept me out of domestic hair and so on. Enjoyed the last 16 years though!. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 10:21:04 pm »

Well done Peter Your 10 years ahead of me ... :-))  :-))  :-))...Like you Bryan.... Many years away at sea has kept the domestic front more or less stress free and I married a bit later than most (I was 30 )
Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 10:57:56 pm »

Thank you all for your good wishes  O0 It's Bev's birthday today, so cause for another celebration  :-)

JayDee, all the best to you and your wife for tomorrow - exactly one week after us.

Regiment, we've a few years to go to catch up to you. Hopefully we will.

Peter.

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 01:57:21 am »

Warmest congratulations to you both Peter.  It seems that more and more people are either opting to go through life on their own or the slightest indication of a problem leads to a divorce so it's reassuring to see that someone still stays with their partner for fifty years. 

Ain't that the truth.
Some where somehow commitment went out the door  <:( and me became the be all and end instead of us.  <*<  >>:-(

Congratulations to all the "over fifties"   O0 :} also to all the other stayers.  :-))

Well done.

Nordsee

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 08:41:33 pm »

Well done! On March the 14th this year (Mothers Day) my wife and I, after 40 years of Registry Office Marriage, finally tied the Knot in Church. It was a very moving Ceremony, we had 25 Members of our Families there, lovely weather, and a really Great Day. Maybe it sounds daft, but we feel really "Married"now. No arguments,a and a good chuckle as when our youngest son and his lady partner where stopped by Immigration at Dover Docks, they were asked for the reason for their visit, and they replied" We are going to my Parents Wedding!"
 They said the look on the womans face was Magic!! No more questions, and she quite likely told the tale many times over!! ( He is 39 this year, so it took long enough!)

sparky

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 02:37:44 am »

Nordsee  that is 1 of the best statesments I have ever read on this forum , Welll Said that man (ihmo)

sparky :-)) :-)) :-))

PMK

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 05:13:03 am »

I'm jealous. I lost my lady to cancer. It would have been our anniversary last month. No amount of Saturday night floozies will ever make up for it.
For what it's worth, even if I am a tit, would like to pass my congratulations to Mr and Mrs Fitness.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 06:54:03 am »

Thank you Nordsee and PMK.

I'm sorry to hear that PMK, we have been very lucky, my wife was diagnosed with bowel cancer 3 years ago, but fortunately it was caught in a very early stage. It was remarkable work by the doctor who noticed a slight change in a blood test and suggested a colonoscopy, which showed the disease. She had a small section of bowel removed, and there was no sign of cancer anywhere else. She now has regular check ups, and there has been no problem ever since. As I said we were extremely lucky.

Peter.

Brian Roberts

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 11:22:01 am »

Congratulations Peter, all the best to you and your wife and I'm sure we're all very pleased she's clear of the dreaded disease.

Sheila and I celebrate 55 years of married life today.

Regards

Brian

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 07:45:18 pm »

Congratulations Peter, and to your good lady too.

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.