Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plank on Edge cutters, etc.  (Read 10806 times)

vintagent

Re: Plank on Edge cutters, etc.
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 12:28:47 pm »

We seem to have fizzled on the Plank-on-Edge/Victorian/Edwardian yacht thread, gents.

Surely someone is building something?

Regards,
Vintagent

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 10:22:46 pm »

Have now used backs of 2 envelopes for POESY design, 36.5" LWL and 5" beam = 5 tonner. (7 to 1 feels about right). Will root about in garage for some thin ply. Am thinking in terms of one huge foresail and making main and mizzen sails and topsls in one piece each with gaff inserted as big batten. Cheating I know but the aim is a lofty rig and blow the details. Will still have 2-part masts and spreaders at the hounds.

vintagent

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 10:37:17 am »

What height of rig do you anticipate with that length of hull, tobyker?

Also, with a lofty rig are you servo arming or sail winching?

Regards, Vintagent

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 11:35:30 pm »

As drawn LWL is 36.5", hull  length is 40" odd, main boom 6" past taffrail, bowsprit 7" over bow. main masrt +top mast 46" over deck. Suspect that is on the tall side, as current hull only draws 8" (Largs pond) but wth. I can always make a number of rigs. However hedges to cut, bikes to ride, life to live so it may all take some time. If it works full "plans" will be published. Given the SA, I suspect a screwdriver and SLA will be pressed into service with lots of microswitches as a winch. We shall see. I think there's a candidate piece of ply behind the (non working) Brickette.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 23 queries.