Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transmitter problem  (Read 1945 times)

Ivanhoe

Transmitter problem
« on: May 19, 2010, 01:58:33 pm »

I'm operating a Sanwa Dash Saber Tx on 27Mhz, my problem is with the throttle stick.  It is arranged to give forward and reverse, that is, biased to the centre, but the neutral position does not stop the motor with the Turnigy 30 amp brushed esc which I am using,  just slows it right down.   I have to hold the stick right down in what would be full reverse (If I was using reverse) before it stops.  This means I have to hold the stick down every time I switch the Rx on, or the ESC doesn't arm.
My questions are..
1. Does anyone know how to remove the spring-loading from the throttle stick and use a friction throttle?
2. The Turnigy ESC has a jumper setting for brake on or off, it came set to "off" and I left it at that would changing this to "on"  make  any difference? (Since I don't know what "Brake" actually means I hesitate to experiment!)

Any advice much appreciated

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
Re: Transmitter problem
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 03:38:12 pm »

Take the back off the transmitter, normally 4 screws and you may have to unscrew the aerial and take it out, you should now be able to see the spring, just release it. As for the brake on the S/C surely that is for cars not boats. You should be able to set the neutral on the S/C without going to al this hassle anyway I would have thought.
Alan

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 07:30:46 pm »

Is this an ESC that doesn't do reverse?  Reverse is handy for getting out of the inevitable awkward corner, an on a boat, IS the brakes.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Ivanhoe

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 09:21:39 pm »

Take the back off the transmitter, normally 4 screws and you may have to unscrew the aerial and take it out, you should now be able to see the spring, just release it. As for the brake on the S/C surely that is for cars not boats. You should be able to set the neutral on the S/C without going to al this hassle anyway I would have thought.
Alan

Yes, I assumed "Brake" was for cars, but ignorance is my excuse for not being sure!

Ivanhoe

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 09:24:44 pm »

Is this an ESC that doesn't do reverse?  Reverse is handy for getting out of the inevitable awkward corner, an on a boat, IS the brakes.

Now there's an interesting thought! I may just change it to "Brake on" and see what happens when I pull reverse!  No, I think this ESC is actually intended for planes and cars, so no reverse.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 10:35:17 pm »

Brake is to stop the propellor windmilling when power is off when fitted to an aircraft. I think you have an aircraft ESC without reverse.
..well can you land on this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 22 queries.