Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dido class hull  (Read 3418 times)

BillG

Dido class hull
« on: March 25, 2011, 02:24:17 am »

I've just seen photos of a dido class hull master includes plating. Definitely be buying one when the hulls are produced.

BillG

Re: Dido class hull
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 06:38:25 am »

BillG

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 06:41:50 am »

Tim ,of Southern Cross Models, has made this master and it is almost ready for moulding. I've asked Tim for his permission to post one photo.

colin-d

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 08:14:35 am »

Mouldeans do a Dido class hull

can also be found here:
Dido class hull

and here in there forum:
as a compleated model

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 03:41:02 pm »

Bill,
Tim has been very quiet on here, I know he must be busy but am sure there are lots of us wondering what he is producing and likely to.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

BillG

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 02:40:51 am »

G'day Bob

I'm not very well acquainted with Tim, however, I've corrosponded by email with Tim and can say that he's been busy. And,  he's been very helpful in answering my questions. I've placed an order for the hull and will be buying the fitting of him as well. Tim has mentioned that he hopes to be producing the Funnels, directors and other fittings later in the year.

srcampb

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 12:13:17 am »

What scale is this hull, does anyone know? Is it still scheduled for production?

deadbeat

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 09:53:31 am »

Fleetscale also do Dido with a large range of fittings and running gear. 1/128 scale.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 10:38:39 am »

Mouldeans do a Dido class hull

and here in there forum:
as a compleated model

You need to log in to see photos.  :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Southern Cross Models

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 10:57:37 am »

Hi all,

Yes, i have been busy. Plus my computer blew up months ago and couldn't afford a new one, until 2 weeks ago.

The Dido is now available at 72nd scale, hull only at this stage as i'm snowed under with hull orders.But despite being flat out i have had no income for the hulls for a while. This is due to the fact that nearly all my work at the moment is hull masters and that very few people will pay a deposit while the master is building. So as i'm fairly streched in the back pocket, it has made it hard to start producing Dido hulls.

My new business is very tight at the moment, but all work benches are finished and i have reasonable (not brilliant) power to the shed now.

Tomorrow and Saturday i hope to finish the plating on the master of the Kent class cruiser. This master was already made for me, so i'm plating it for a couple of fella's, They'll get hulls and i'll get a mould.  :-))

I have 1 maybe 3 orders for Iowa class BB's which i have just started.
The Atlanta class hull master is almost ready to plate, as is the New orleans class.

Regards,

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.