Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seen in Beirut  (Read 3068 times)

garston1

Seen in Beirut
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:41:43 pm »

While my son was away in the Merchant earlier this year he came across this Tug the BALTAGI 5 in Beirut.  It's the ex JAMES LAMEY (1968), built for J.H. Lamey of Liverpool and in 1970 renamed HUSKISSON for Alexandra Towing of Liverpool and transferred in 1993 to the Middle East .  Look at how good a condition she's in after all these years!

garston1

Re: Seen in Beirut
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 01:53:37 am »

BALTAGI 20 by the way is the ex CRAGSIDER built in 1976 for Lawson Batey and chartered by Tyne and Wear Tugs  :-)). I can't seem to find anything out about BALTAGI X though.  Would it be NORTHSIDER ?

Robert Davies

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 04:08:41 am »

BALTAGI 20 by the way is the ex CRAGSIDER built in 1976 for Lawson Batey and chartered by Tyne and Wear Tugs  :-)). I can't seem to find anything out about BALTAGI X though.  Would it be NORTHSIDER ?

All I can dig up about Baltagi X is another pic:

http://www.photos-de-navires.com/gallery/picture.php?cat=search&image_id=4706&search=allwords:baltagi~AND

-Rob

towrope

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 10:52:22 pm »

Hi there Garston you are quite correct about the Cragsider and also the Northsider these are the the first photos i have seen since these two left the Tyne. I see thay have chopped the top bridge of the Northsider but she's not doing to bad for 43 years old I also see the Cragsider is still smoking well good old thumper, thanks for sharing these photos with us brought memories flooding back once again thanks and all the best Towrope.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.