Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steam tug 'Blazer'  (Read 3121 times)

Aeronut4

Steam tug 'Blazer'
« on: May 22, 2010, 02:39:01 pm »

I recently acquired the lovely model pictured and am currently refitting the electrics.  I'd very much like to try and find out a bit more about the 'Blazer' - was it modelled on a real tug?  What type?  Where might I find more info or pictures?  I know there's a plan for the model available from myhobbystore, but I already have the model and am really seeking info on the fullsize.  Any help greatly appreciated!

The Antipodean

Re: Steam tug 'Blazer'
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 09:59:53 pm »

Try this link, it talks about a steam tug named Blazer from 1894, you may have to scroll a bit but if it has kept the search parameters in there they will be highlighted in yellow.

Ian

http://books.google.com/books?id=6ykZAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA344&lpg=PA344&dq=blazer+tugboat&source=bl&ots=H-84zTYBFU&sig=CeZZiXVdyU7QsM1WBDgpv9KTS1Q&hl=en&ei=2kT4S5v0OcSqlAeRheS_Cg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CC0Q6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=blazer%20tugboat&f=false

Aeronut4

Re: Steam tug 'Blazer'
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:24:24 am »

Ian - thanks for that.  It's a little help, but at least it's a start.  Looks like it was based on the river Mersey around the late 1800's and was involved in some sort of legal case.  I'll keep looking!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 19 queries.