Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Aussie in strife in the SE.QLD.  (Read 1462 times)

Rosenante

Any Aussie in strife in the SE.QLD.
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:49:12 am »

Hi,
 For any Aussie down the Southeast in strife.

I learnt today that all the southeast is under. I knew Rocky was under from CNN on the net. But that was a week ago and thought that was the end.  Apparently, now they are or were up to their "boobs" in Toowoomba. Toowoomba? You kidding.?

Cutting to the chase, it occurred to me that there are a few guys on this site from down that area and perhaps any planned refuse, if in need, with inlaws or friends has disappeared, with those being in the same position.

I'm high and dry in Ayr in an empty three bedroom house. You have anything or anyway I can help, PM me..

IF you can find transport for anything, I can get south to Makay and up to Townsville. Bowen in between. Once loaded, distance is irrelevant. The Tilt train and Sunlander have'nt passed my house for days. So I guess rail is out until they check the lines and bridges. Mail is coming through, air to Townsville I guess. No road transport north because of Rocky.   Hell, no roads anywhere.

If you are on the net I suppose you are okay. But may know some person up poop creek with nowhere to turn. I think it could help to take some pressure off them, to be able to stash gear or pets etc..I have good yard. Scruffy or Rocket and other canine friends welcome. Cats?. Shoot 'em. Never settle.  I figure people would want to stay close to home regardless,to be in touch with local relief systems.

Believe me, at 65 and having knocked around a bit, this younger generation's nightmare is just beginning.  Related to recovering their lives due to the flood I mean. Bad as this is, the fallout will be horrendous.

Good luck .........Bas.

Thanks to Mayhem for the space.

polaris

• Shipmate
Re: Any Aussie in strife in the SE.QLD.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:01:57 pm »

Dear Bas,

Good of you to offer help to affected Queensland Mayhem members :-)) The conditions down there look terrible with quite a number of lives lost - and I hope the number will be as small as possible.

I hope that Mayhem members down that way are ok, and that the conditions subside as soon as possible.

Regards, Bernard

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 12:28:44 pm »

Bas,

Thanks for the offer, not sure if we have any mayhemers local to you.

Toowoomba flooded from flash flooding coming from Oakey area west of Toowoomba.
Have never heard of Toowoomba flooding before its at the top of the mountain ranges. That water is now headed south.

Thursday is D Day for Brisbane and surrounds.
Thats when the King tide will hit with the runoff from upstream.
Current tides are 2 metres so that is a plus 2 metres at least on flood levels so if Brisbane river peaks at 9 metres in fact it will be 11metres.

Security staff, at Ipswich Shopping centres, which are at low level and close to the Bremmer River have been instructed to stay out of buildings and patrol in the carparks and be ready to vacate the area as the River floods.

Not looking good.
Some employers are advising Staff in CBD, who evacuated CBD earlier today, that Office is closed until further notice and staff are not to attempt to get to work until further notice.
People are being advised to stay close to their property and make preparations now to evacuate if required.

All in all most people I know are weathering the situation quite well, some are stranded but safe.

Rosenante

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 12:51:13 pm »

Hi Guys.

Know the area. And we have all had a like experience but it is usually confined to a district or such.
 It is the scale of this whole thing thats hard to take in.  East of the ranges allows for some belief that it will drain today or to morrow out to sea. And out west is usually wide by sluggish etc. with time to look to safety. But here, the volume , well. what can you say. No measuring stick. 

Consider this, every car you see washed away, every animal, house, piece of farm machinery and on and on has a human life connected to it in some way.

I have to stop. Too much.

Glad your okay.

Help them if you can............Bas

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 04:40:47 pm »

Hello, I can not help notice that there are no big international aid appeals on the go for Queenslanders. They have them for other disasters so why not our Kith & Kin. I would like to thank all the Aussies who have offered assistance to my family who are out there, even as far out as Sydney.  Nemesis

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 05:29:59 pm »

My son and his family emigrate to Brisbane this Friday p.m. - probably not such a good time - but makes us spare a thought for the poor souls that are in the midst, here's wishing them lots of luck.

Regards, Tony.

brianB6

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 08:38:00 pm »

Hi there
If you would like to donate to the flood appeal:-
http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/
Will get you to the official Queensland Government website.
There is a secure payment facility.

Lord Bungle

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 12:13:31 am »

and this page if you don't live in Aus.
http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.