Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NORTON ANTIVIRUS USERS BEWARE  (Read 5245 times)

bulldog1966

Re: NORTON ANTIVIRUS USERS BEWARE
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 01:22:46 pm »

i use avg its better than norton and its free to and works well and also running malwear to just to back up pc and malwear stops any back door viruses

gwa84

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 01:59:43 pm »

ive been using avg free for going on 10 years and never had a problem i also use malwerbites as a sweeper  :-))

Dekan

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 05:45:22 pm »

I have used them all on work computers and home Pc's. The only problems I have ever had is with Norton and McAffe products...Norton particually as it gets everywhere and is pain to remove completely ...McAfee is just not very effective..

Avg is ok but is a little dated...

We used to have Sophos at work ... Now we have Norton and our workstations crawl... <:(

Oh and don't mention Windows 7....and we thought XP was a bit Fisher Price :}

Tombsy

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 11:01:32 pm »

I had Norton until I realized it was a 40% drain of system resources. Then I used Microsoft's own antivirus (figured theirs would work with windows the best) it was not bad but unfortunately not available anymore.
 I've had a Mac for the last couple years and I haven't worried about having any anti-virus software since.

Lord Bungle

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 11:50:43 pm »

I have been a geek when it comes to computers for 30 years now (and after working that out I feel very old)
I started out with a ZX81 then moved onto an Atari St also having an amstrad pcw. before getting a windows 3.0 based machine.
Built my first PC with a p1 166 that I overclocked to run at 200MHz that had a huge 196 MB of ram  {-)
In the good old days Norton was the best, but it has slowly got worse and now if I get asked to look at a friends computer if its not running right the first thing I do is disable Norton, and I am sad to say 9 times out of 10 that solves what ever the problem is.
I run AVG and Avast on my home computers, A hardware firewall in my router. and something I have done for many years is map all the drives on my network, and set my antivirus software to read mapped drives (All my PCs run xp pro) I scan 2 times a week. but not at the same time. the reasoning for this is, if 1 antivirus misses the infection the other will find it (fingers crossed). And the only time I have had a virus was when I did something stupid and clicked on a link I knew to be infected. The virus was cleared pretty much right away but the antivirus on the other machine.

Norton? good motorbikes Bad antivirus  :-)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 05:27:42 am »

Lord of the Bungle  :o ....I had been using CA for 4>5 years here in OZ....but the marketing people changed the rules...cannot buy a hard copy...only buy & download through Digital River

Having being STUNG with down loaded software from that source I decided to read up & finally chose Norton 360...it has a much small resource requirement than my old Dr Symenantic/Norton thingee

I am quite happy with the 360 version.............. O0 Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.