Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: what a 'rotten' week....  (Read 1113 times)

hopeitfloats

Re: what a 'rotten' week....
« on: May 26, 2010, 10:49:41 am »

first i borrow $5000 to have a log fire put in, then we have 6'' of rain over the past 3 days causing flooding around my house then today the boss calls a meeting to say we are all redundant. what really annoys is that the top 2 people who are largely the cause of the company going belly up have kept their jobs, transferred to another division by the parent company. the only good things to come out of it are i might get to do some work on my container ship that had come to a halt for the last few weeks and come the last day the boss is going to get told what i think of him.

vintagent

Re: Re: what a 'rotten' week....
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 11:04:05 am »

That's a damned expensive log fire!

Never mind, Make a good job of the model, sell it and do some more, then you need never work for the "xxxxx" again.  Burn the leather chair AND the man in it!   
That's what I did...well mentally anyway.
These toadies will all get their cumuppance one day.  I've watched it happen often with glee!

Regards,
Vintagent

hopeitfloats

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:02:21 pm »

my bet is we wont see the boss come the last day. i dont think i am the only one wanting to 'burn him in his leather chair' :-)  the log fire was expensive but the price includes taking down the chimney from my old open fire and covering in the hole plus a bit of overdue maintanence work around the place

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:48:00 pm »

:-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.