Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK shooting  (Read 1312 times)

tassie48

UK shooting
« on: June 02, 2010, 11:49:34 pm »

We heard on the news this morning about the shooting spree in the UK came as a real shock our wishes go out  to all concern tassie48.

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
Re: UK shooting
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:54:16 pm »

Here here.

Doesn't happen very often in this part of the country, but a tragic waste of life in any part of the world.

Sad to say he took the cowards way out instead of facing upto the consequences.

My thoughts are with those affected by this horific act, hopefully they will find solice in each others comfort.

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:00:08 am »

Just my thoughts here. I think the fact he ended his life after this disgusting episode may on balance be the best end result.. there would be an immense amount of hate and frustration should he have been locked up and given the British justice system, he would have been eligable for release one day. A lot of folk would have been baying for his blood and wished to see him hanged and there is already too much hate in our society as it is. It could be construed as the cowards way out but I believe he was  totally deranged as it must take a truly scrambled brain which drives someone to take their own life, let alone the lives of those he so randomly killed in this appalling incident. These kind of incidents differ from those pre-meditated form of crimes where the subject has schemed and planned, in those cases there can  be only one outcome in my opinion but alas this is denied us.

One can only feel pity and sympathy for those left behind and perhaps, since there is no-one left to point ongoing hatred toward one can only hope it will help them accept the reality of their ghastly situation more readily. Despite the horror and loss, it may to some degree help them as time goes by.

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 01:04:42 pm »

Our sympathies to all the families, and yes I agree with
Sheerline he solved a lot of problems by offing himself,
He must have really lost it to do that............

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 01:38:09 pm »

i used to live in that neck of the woods,   and alot of my relatives still do ....

it is a fairly close knit comnmunity and it will continue to effect alot of people for years to come- i suppose it comes as more of a shock as its not a sprawling urban metropolis where we perceive things like this to happen....being smaller communities alot of people seem to know someone affected directly by this....

its cumbria not the bronx.......things like this dont happen in the 'lakes' i here again and again.....

and for this event to come so close to the fatalities of last weeks keswick bus crash... ( my old school too )- this has hit cumbria hard...

one of my relatives hosts the breakfast show on BBC radio cumbria and he was  just overwhelmed with yesterdays tragic events and the calls coming into the show- basically questions such as  ''how could this have happened  here'' and also  just stunned silence  as the enormity of the tragedy unfolded during his show.....

my heartfelt sympathies go out to all those affected by this incident- my thoughts are with you all..............

a tragic waste of lives.........
all in all its just another brick in the wall......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.641 seconds with 23 queries.