Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings from Kensington California  (Read 1561 times)

mucksmear

Greetings from Kensington California
« on: June 04, 2010, 06:49:46 am »

Hello all.

I'm new here, joining from Kensington, in the San Francisco Bay Area.  I'm an airplane modeler, but have recently been inspired to try model boats.  Started flying gliders in '84, eventually branching into glow engines and now electric.

I've just ordered the plans for the HMS Quickstep by Glynn Guest and will be building it with my son once we clear away some space in the workshop.

-Elliot

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Greetings from Kensington California
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 10:21:29 am »

Welcome aboard Elliot, we need someone  in the San Francisco Bay Area to press-gang new member for Mayhem!   :-))

There are a prodigious number of magazines and articles covering Glynn Guest plans and builds including the current:
Model Boats Commemorative Special - Celebrating 60 years of publication 1950-2010
http://www.modelboats.co.uk/news/article.asp?a=6345
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

mucksmear

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 05:12:06 am »

Thanks for the warm welcome Martin!

Just returned from an afternoon in Golden Gate Park. Stopped by the model boat pond where the SF model yacht club was winding down from a beautiful sunny afternoon. A friendly club member there showed us one of his Springers, inside and out. There were several more of these plus an assortment of other tugs and cargo vessels. Having seen the Springer up close, I think we'll have a go at one ourselves - something my son can "cut his teeth" on while I get underway with the Glynn Guest plan.

-E

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 06:17:45 am »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Robert Davies

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 04:17:51 pm »

We like Springers on Mayhem!  O0 - http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=95.0

Ahh yes! Springers.....

Like ice hockey.... Without the blood  {-)

-Rob

ironman

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 05:59:23 pm »

Welcome to the mahem.  Enjoy.  ironman
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.