Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Airbrushing...well, just about anything!  (Read 1632 times)

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
Custom Airbrushing...well, just about anything!
« on: June 05, 2010, 04:36:13 pm »

Here's my first Custom Airbrushed XBox 360 casing. I think all in all from start to finish it took a solid week to get done. It was sprayed using "Auto Air Colours" which take a little getting used to. I'm fairly happy with the end result, only let doen for me is my abilty not getting the smoke trails quite right  {:-{ The case was first sanded down prior to primering, sanded smooth between coats before applying a gloss black. I let that dry for a few days before sanding that down with fine wet & dry and then giving it a final coat of gloss black. A light dusting of silver from a distance using my Airbrush, then once that was given time to dry off I used a diamon plate stencil to acheive the metal effect look. Finally, I Airbrushed some bullet holes and then gave it a heavy coat of clear sealer. This was then left to dry for a few days before sanding the sealer down with some fine wet & dry in various grades, then last of all I polished it all off with some Tamiya polishing compunds.

Voyager.

knoby

Re: Custom Airbrushing...well, just about anything!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 07:19:12 pm »

Nice work Voyager, i think the smoke is great. Its so difficult to get the opacity to look realistic. did you freehand the bullet holes?

i love airbrushing but unfortunately I am no artist. Over the years I have found many ways to cheat using stencils & other objects, hopefully 1 day I will finally paint the one that I am truly happy with. I guess the real art is knowing when to stop painting.

Great work, keep it up

Cheers Glenn

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 07:37:05 pm »

Thanks Glenn.

Yep, couldn't agree more as regards the opacity, that really is the key in all this...well, that, and knowing when to stop like you say! lol.

The bullet holes were done with a bullet hole free hand stencil from "Artool" who are based in the States.

Regards: Voyager.

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 01:05:44 pm »

Second XBox 360 completed this week, only slightly different than my last one, same design just a different base colour really. Close up of the front facia of the Plasma effect on the first XBox. Last picture is of my Japanese version of a helping hand. The base was plain metal and I thought I would use that as a tester for my "Toxic Flame" paint job.

Voyager
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.