Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Falklands support ships  (Read 2036 times)

kiwi96

Falklands support ships
« on: June 06, 2010, 12:07:47 am »

Just a wild question here.
I usually build naval ships but have been thinking about a container ship. The thought of building the boxes sounds like fun. Any way got to thinking that a ship of this type was used during the Falklands war to carrier Harriers. So if was to build like this then I get my containership but also  a millitary version too. Was wondering if anyone had info like plans of that type of ship or photos of her during the war to help research for this project.
Thanks in advance.
Adrian.

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Falklands support ships
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 12:22:28 am »

Aidrian,
If you do a search for the Atlantic Conveyor it will
probably be what you are after and models by design do a hull
for it  :-))

tassie48

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 05:13:25 am »

kiwi96 build the KIWI SHIP interisland ferry TEV RANGATIRA 1970-2005 great ship to serve on she was renamed ALEXANDER THE GREAT sold for scrap in 2005 went to the Falklands June 19th 1982 back to England Sept 1983 was still in Union Steam Ship Colors troop transporter at the Falklands great ship did well in the Falklands she was a good ship at sea carried troops south tassie 48

kiwi96

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 07:04:02 am »

To gingyer.
Nice model but wrong scale as needs to be 1/96 to keep with others.
Tassie48
Knowing it went there is fine but if no war time mods made then its just a ferry? At least the Atlantic Conveyor had fighters and helo's on its decks.
Will kep researching. Still awaiting some pictures of your models with all crew on so can get an idea of what the misouri will look like. Look at my last post in fittings below and you can see some of the 4omm guys.
Cheers,
Adrian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.