Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: subtech hulls  (Read 2889 times)

dgp1957

• Full Mayhemer
subtech hulls
« on: June 03, 2010, 09:52:04 pm »

Hi can anyone tell me what the dimensions of the subtech resolution and alpha hulls are, and do you get all the equipment you need to static dive in the WTC if you buy one?

Thanks
David

Skip Asay

Re: subtech hulls
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:59:41 pm »

I would think that the best place to go for answers to these questions would be........SubTech.

Skip Asay

dgp1957

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 11:20:07 pm »

Iv been on their site and sent them an email but no answer

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 12:07:43 am »

I think Rob gets taken off the job sometimes as he is very busy with one or two things right now... but he will get back to you.
Just hang in there for a bit.

andyn

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 12:42:08 am »

How about one of Mr Sheerline's Akula's? My Akula tank is the dog's dangly bits so far as I'm concerned :-))

Bit of free publicity for ya Chris ;)

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 01:11:03 am »

The Resolution is 1/96 scale and the Alfa is 1/72. You will need to add radio gear, electronics & batteries and a leveler to the WTC to get a fuctional unit (it comes with a pump)

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 07:33:41 am »

About 44-45" for the Alfa and and 54" for the Resolution.

The boats will handle very differently. The Alfa is a very slippery design, with optimal hydrodynamics, the Resolution is more of a compromise, with a very narrow beam in relation to it's length, consequently the turning radius is more tanker like.

Either boat boat handles well, the Alfa is a nice 'backseat-of-the-car' size, so gets my vote.

RonP

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 11:43:24 pm »

The Resolution is the old R & R moulding, its 51"lg x 4"  and the Alpha (Also R & R) is 45 " x 5" Beam  as far as I know Subtech do not have the vanes and rudders for theses models so you will need to make your own, I am not sure if a drawing is supplied but if not give me a shout. Despite the fact that the Alpha is a more hydro dynamic shape in fact the Resolution is a much better performer and turns better and is more stable. I suspect that the reason is that Resolution was designed as a model submarine whereas the Alpha is scaled down from original drawings.
A pressure hull and motor box should be available for the Resolution but the Alpha was made for a module. Hope this helps.
Ron Perrott
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.