Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action P100  (Read 3124 times)

hover tim

Action P100
« on: June 06, 2010, 05:26:48 pm »

Hello all

I am having a few set up issues wiht the above probably on my part not the equipment as this is a new area for me for anyone familiar wiht the p100 i have all the LEDs light up as they should for power and playing a sond and i dont have any sound at all what have a done wrong ?

barryfoote

Re: Action P100
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 05:28:30 pm »

Just ask FLJ, Mr ACTion. A very nice man who will sort your problems out very quickly and efficiently......

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 06:34:55 pm »

I have the same unit and have had it connected to my computer ALL day.  Believe me, you can't mess around with em!!   I have succeeded in wiping the memory many times and having to reload all the sounds back in.

I assume you have the "manual" and that the LED's are lighting up as they should so here's a few questions before Dave comes on line

Do you have the sounds disk ? 
Have you the cable to access to your computer?   (this will test your unit)
Does the amplifier work ?  ie, 
Does the speaker click or buzz when you touch the input lead ?

Gotta start somewhere.   :-))

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

hover tim

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 07:18:05 pm »

I have got the disk but iput my own sound on,by cable i asume you mean the USB yes i have that the speaker does not click or buzz.input leads are these the ones that go from the amp to the speaker ? 

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 08:19:29 pm »

I don't believe that Martin would appreciate my using the forum as a place to conduct after-sales service nor to repeat great chunks of the Instruction Manual. I do feel, however, that I must make some comment on this thread to avoid potential customers getting the wrong impression of this unit.

Every P100 is supplied ready-programmed with the sounds of choice and does not require any further connection to a PC in order to operate it satisfactorily. If you do  wish to add different sounds then the optional CD contains a detailed description of how to use a PC to upload other standard ACTion sound sets - including images of all the screens encountered during the process. These sound-sets are supplied on the disc, along with separate sounds in WAV format which may be used ad hoc. The CD includes a special User Utility, written by Dr Tim Facett, to enable quick and simple upload of the standard sound sets to the P100 via the USB cable - in practise this process takes about a minute and a half. It also includes a copy of Audacity audio editing software and a description of how to create your own sound sets.

The units are all tested before despatch and will work correctly if connected according to the drawings and instructions provided. These are all available on our website. In addition, I will happliy forward a PDF copy of Parts 1 and 2 of the User Manual to anyone who would like more information. If the CD-ROM is purchased, these are automatically installed on the user's PC (at C:\Program Files\ ACTion RC\P100 Noisy Thing) when the CD is first inserted.

FLJ

hover tim

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 08:34:59 pm »

the P100 is a great bit of kit it just me that is not getting it so dont get the wrong impresion at all

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 10:32:35 am »

I don't believe that Martin would appreciate my using the forum as a place to conduct after-sales service nor to repeat great chunks of the Instruction Manual. I do feel, however, that I must make some comment on this thread to avoid potential customers getting the wrong impression of this unit.
FLJ

Senior members of the forum get special treatment .... or is it, 'have special needs!'  :kiss:
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 10:48:39 am »

I have got the disk but iput my own sound on,by cable i asume you mean the USB yes i have that the speaker   does not click or buzz.  input leads are these the ones that go from the amp to the speaker ? 

Hi Tim

Just as I analysed.  The fault is in the amp circuit wiring, somewhere. Until you can get a response from the input lead, ( good idea to use a screen cable here) you won't hear the sounds from the P100.
Hope this helps

Dave. I agree with hover Tim. It is a great unit and so well designed. I just spent my Sunday playing with what it can produce, and making my own sounds to add on. This involved the voluntary wiping of the memory to 'clear the path' for the new ones, and NOT accidental wiping as may have been construed from my letter.

I would highly recommend this sound unit to anyone as it is simple to set up and use.  My remarks were intended as a cautionary tale about handling circuit boards with your fingers.

Glad to be of service.

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 12:13:07 pm »

I have got the disk but iput my own sound on,by cable i asume you mean the USB yes i have that the speaker does not click or buzz.input leads are these the ones that go from the amp to the speaker ? 
First make sure that the amp is working.  The speaker should be connected as shown in the diagram, when the amp is powered up, there will normally be a click from it.  Touching the end of the wire connected into "mixer input D" should give a hum from the speaker.  If it doesn't, nothing else will work.   The input leads mentioned were the ones that go from the P100 output to the P101 input.  Your body picks up a bit of hum from any mains wiring anywhere around you, and the amplifier makes this big enough to be heard via the speaker, assuming these bits are correctly wired and working.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.