Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Building a new plug and mould for Navaho hull  (Read 11680 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Building a new plug and mould for Navaho hull
« on: June 13, 2010, 01:19:56 pm »

I started building a new plug for the Apache deck moulding to manufacture the new Navaho design as ive had lots of interest in this design.Heres the new plug after waxing ready to start the new mould.This will enable me to offer two different decks ,the orriginal and the Navaho  ok2.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: Building a new plug and mould for Navaho hull
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 01:55:39 pm »

Looking GOOD Martin. :-))
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 02:48:53 pm »

Cheers Bill,scoop will be getting the first one from this mould.Ill post a few pics as i go ,i wont bore people with all the details on how its done but there should be something happening along those lines soon but my lips are sealed for now  ;).

bulldog1966

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 07:06:47 pm »

looking great mart

omra85

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 08:25:54 pm »

Hi Mart - very nice!  I hear you're turning them out by the .... many  ;)
Nice timing, what with the lack of service from certain (ex) suppliers!
Be nice to see some on the circuit.
Danny

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 09:24:16 pm »

Hi Mart - very nice!  I hear you're turning them out by the .... many  ;)
Nice timing, what with the lack of service from certain (ex) suppliers!
Be nice to see some on the circuit.
Danny

Hi Danny yea been busy the past few weeks but still early days,but im trying to keep up with demand lol.I think Marks running his at the next meeting so you will see it there hopefully .I think there might be a few more joining his soon also  ok2.Heres one a local guy had a friend make some decals for,not bad for hand cut decals  ok2.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 09:26:13 pm »

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 06:04:20 pm »

Managed to get a few layers of glass on the plug,just needs framework adding for the stand then ill pop it off the board and see what we have.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 11:58:43 am »

Few more pics of the mould on the plug,ive since popped it off attached a stand and its now waxed and allready has 1 layer of gelcoat in it for the first part .Will post pics of the mould and the first new part in a day or so.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 11:31:03 am »

Heres a few pics of the mould and the new deck,both came out great im very pleased with the results.
Mart

phillnjack

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 06:15:02 pm »

any more pics of this great build.

The deck looks fantastic, but can we see it against the older type of deck for comparison ?

phill

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 10:42:16 am »

Check my other thread mate plenty of pics to compair the two theres also plenty of videos of them running.
Mart
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=23546.0

ps if you like p1 style boats heres the new plug for my Arrow which will use a lower apache hull with the new top,massive long hatch too to allow use of inlines if you want should be FASSSSSSSSSSSSSSST  ok2,first boat will be done early Feb.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=26250.0

phillnjack

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 12:03:01 pm »

so basically the decks are just different in that one has 3 ribs down the centre and the other has a single rib ?

I would think the 3 rib i stronger ? giving the egg carton effect.

I see you also make the hulls from your own moulds.

Did you actually make a plug from another boat, or completely make the plug from scratch ?

yours do look very well made i must admit.
and very nice gel coat finnish on them too.

phill

fast eric

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 08:52:23 pm »

martin remove and delete my pic of my house and my work as i have told you before you have no right to use it again and any more pic you have of mine you can delete them off your computer to plus i have repoted you to the forum for using pic that are not yours to use and gaz never said anything to you about using them

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 09:33:46 pm »

When i posted the pics of Garry's boat originally on the other thread i wasn't aware they weren't his pics,i cant delete anything off here now but im sure Martin will as he sent me a link to your post and i asked him to do so.Ill get some pics off Gaz to replace them and make sure he took them this time  %).I no longer have these pics .
Mart

phillnjack

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 10:44:34 pm »

who makes the boats ?
fast eric or martno1fan ?

phill

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 10:57:04 pm »

I make the boats m8 the pics he refered to are of a customers boat that he Eric put some vinyl on and i posted a few pics of it as i thought they belonged to the owner of the boat Gaz.

fast eric

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 05:44:55 am »

yea right i dont want to see any more

phillnjack

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 11:53:15 am »

I cant see a problem then.
If someones already posted pics on a public place like the internet, and there is no copywrite stamp on them
anyone can copy and post them in refference to something other than the stickers themself.

Are these stickers  of such high security and importance that they are not to be shown ?
if so why were they ever taken and distributed in the first place. ?
Is the boat in question never going to be seen in public ? will it be kept secretly away from prying eyes etc.

And never mind who took the pics, what does the owner of the boat think, as its his boat and his stickers now.

There only pictures of toy boats, no need for people to be angry with each other over them.

Or are the stickers of bad quality or wrong type of graphics and eric dont want people to see they aint any good ?
If the stickers are good, then why dont the maker of them like the idea of free publicity and promotion ?

come on fella's its a new year  ...kiss and make up

phill

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 04:38:27 pm »

Dont waste your breath Phil.
Im happy keeping doing what i do which is building great boats and the haters can kiss my  ;D.
Mart

phillnjack

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 04:49:27 pm »

What is roughly the height from waterline to top of the hatch on the apache's

and what is the deadrise angle of these boats at the transom ?

phill

scoop

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 06:11:10 pm »

I cant see a problem then.
If someones already posted pics on a public place like the internet, and there is no copywrite stamp on them
anyone can copy and post them in refference to something other than the stickers themself.

Are these stickers  of such high security and importance that they are not to be shown ?
if so why were they ever taken and distributed in the first place. ?
Is the boat in question never going to be seen in public ? will it be kept secretly away from prying eyes etc.

And never mind who took the pics, what does the owner of the boat think, as its his boat and his stickers now.

There only pictures of toy boats, no need for people to be angry with each other over them.

Or are the stickers of bad quality or wrong type of graphics and eric dont want people to see they aint any good ?
If the stickers are good, then why dont the maker of them like the idea of free publicity and promotion ?

come on fella's its a new year  ...kiss and make up

phill
Oooooh cardinal sin there Phill, calling them toy boats !  ;) All anyone needs to know is Martin makes fabulous hulls, nice sharp running edges, solidly built, run like they are on rails, a good price and he has taken the hard work out of the build by glassing in the stringers and transom plate. I'm chuffed to bits with my Navaho hull  O0 :-))

Regards
Scoop

phillnjack

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 06:18:29 pm »

Ok so they aint toys
I had to write that as thats what the wife calls them when shes got the hump with me cluttering up the front room ha ha

And thos eboats do look very very good indeed, everyone who has one of his boats seems to be very very pleased with them.
Plus i have heard there is a few racers doing ok with them as well. (proof of good workmanship )

I have not seen any of martins hulls in the flesh so to speak, but i am told by some that they are better than expected.

Pics of the stages of his building them shows a very professional attack on making good honest boats that are built to last.

Anyone can build a boat, but not anyone can build a GOOD BOAT.

phill

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 07:39:55 pm »

What is roughly the height from waterline to top of the hatch on the apache's

and what is the deadrise angle of these boats at the transom ?

phill

Hi Phil ill get the measurement to you tomorrow for the height from chine to top of hatch ,as for the deadrise its arround 22 degrees

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 07:59:51 pm »

Thanks for the kind words you guys,i try to make nice hulls at good prices and ive never missed a delivery date nor had any complaints from a customer ever.I will build the hulls to fulfill the customers wishes too,im currently building one for running in the sea in the Greek islands and through long chats with him over the phone we decided that the whole hull would be built using glass cloth and carbon twill.I do what i can to give people what they want and have a few new hulls on the way this year,when i start work on my 70" hull ill post a complete build thread from start to finish.
Mart
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.