Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6 mast sailing ship  (Read 1452 times)

tassie48

6 mast sailing ship
« on: June 16, 2010, 02:39:56 am »

Hello all been doing some research on six mast sailing ships any body build one or looking at the same as me would like to build some different hence the inquiery looked at the five master but the six master just seem to be the one that gets my atention tassie48

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 6 mast sailing ship
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 11:17:27 pm »

Only know of two 6 masted vessels One was an  6 Masted American Schooner ( I think her name was Wyoming)
The other was Brunei's Ship the Great Eastern...  Remembering the tail of the Lady Passanger who ask a member of the crew how the masts were named on a 6 masted ship.. When he answered they were named for the days of the week ---the fore mast being Monday  and the last mast being Saturday... She said but surely the first day of the week is sunday...  so the Foremast should properly be named Sunday not Monday ... The old AB tugged his fore lock in respect and said Madam there is no such thing as a Sunday at sea And thats as true today as it was then  :(( Its only another working day {:-{
Freebooter  :-))
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

plugger

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 04:27:39 am »

Any of these among the Harold Underhill plans?

tassie48

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 02:46:56 am »

Thanks guys found 10 of these great ships and a seven master "Thomas W Lawson"which looks the part and would bit a bit harder to handle on the water will try to track down a set of plans for one of them Jimmy James the "Wyoming "was one i have picked the others are Eleanor A Percy,Addie M Lawrence,Alice m lawrence,Edward J Lawrence,William L Douglas,Ruth E Merrill,Edward B Winslow,Mertie B Conwley,Wyoming,keen to find a plan and build one of these different sailing ships 1/32 scale would be ideal scale.tassie48

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 08:49:40 pm »

Sorry to Disappoint you but I no Longer have that plan in fact I gave almost all the plans I had away 2 or 3 years ago when my hands started to play me up  :embarrassed:
Jimmy
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.