Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Borderer Donk (Steam Plant)  (Read 10060 times)

bogstandard

Re: My Borderer Donk (Steam Plant)
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 06:58:55 am »

When I think about it, there is no need to have it in line, it makes a much neater installation. I will try it on my next project.
Bruce I think we both have the same type of monster mill, pain in the a*** when you have to raise or lower the column because because it loses register, but a real workhorse. I have used mine almost every day and it has never let me down, it is 23 years old now and in need of a good refurb.

John

Aussie Bruce

• Shipmate
  • Proud to be a part of the Model Boat Mayhem Forum.
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 03:51:01 am »

This is a picture of a Martin Howes and Baylis engine where they mount the lubricator hanging off the side of the steam chest's

That is so neat and what a lovely compact set up is it yours ????

It is pictures like that that give us all ideas can you tell me is the exhaust manifold dual skinned to act as a feed water heater ??? because if it is that is the neatest set up i have ever seen 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thats the thing about model boats unless we get some close ups of the areas you miss so much. I havent seen a photo of that in MB or MMI at all.

We do miss out alot in Australia in conventions etc and trade support so the thing is make it your self.

I will next week put a post up re a scratch built IMARA hull and body fitted with twin double acting engines and electronic water pump and butane fired via disposable camper bbq bottles built by a fellow club member it is a work of art and will spin in its own length he is away at the moment so have to wait till next week.

Thanks for that photo HS93

Aussie Bruce

• Shipmate
  • Proud to be a part of the Model Boat Mayhem Forum.
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 04:15:30 am »

When I think about it, there is no need to have it in line, it makes a much neater installation. I will try it on my next project.
Bruce I think we both have the same type of monster mill, pain in the a*** when you have to raise or lower the column because because it loses register, but a real workhorse. I have used mine almost every day and it has never let me down, it is 23 years old now and in need of a good refurb.

John

Hi John Dead right about that Drill Mill mine is 13 years old now and pound for pound i don't think it could be beat. If i ever buy one again though it would be R8 not MT3 its easier to get stuff into and out of the Quill

I picked up some reduced shank Drills of set length basically from 1/2 - 3" more importantly they are all the same length about 100 mm long so it gets around the need to re set the head height but like any machine i tend to plan out the steps and set the head height accordingly.

One trick is i put a disc brake off a ford falcon on the top pulley on the quill smoooooth as now running slot drills and flycutters in interupted cut situations have you done this mod yet ? adds some much needed mass to quill

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 04:37:44 am »

No its not mine, I do have a single and am after a twin, they also did a triple its modular, they stooped making them all about five years ago. I have a kit of theres and a couple of boilers, that will be started soon. they started to use cheddar engines and now use Anton.
I am not shore about the manifold I will have a look I have some info But its in my workshop somewhere Ill post as soon as I can , there are a lot of em about so someone may post some pictures.the picture I posted was one for sale on flea-bay a couple of months ago.this a picture of the other side. ill also post a picture of Cheddars Proteus I have the same setup as this , but it req quite a large boat and that makes it a bit difficult because of the weight

http://fabrice.bretagne.club.fr/Index.htm

http://www.model-steam-boats.co.uk/

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 05:01:30 am »

A few pictures of My min-vap setup I'm using a kitchen rudder , the hull is 21"" or about 535mm so only small , It needs a good clean but I will wait until Ive stooped getting it messy in the workshop  Its a mhb and a cheddar boiler and auto gas valve.

Peter
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 21 queries.