Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Testers Acryl paint!!  (Read 2294 times)

Koldness

Testers Acryl paint!!
« on: January 13, 2007, 07:56:56 pm »

Anyone use it?   Im thinking about throwing all mine out!!  Why does it gum up.  I am in the mist of priming a super structure and all was well with the first coat, preped and got out a new bottle, I mixed it well and loaded up the air brush.  It came out like spackle, I adjusted the air brush and still spackle.   It wasnt till I added about half a tin of thinner till it started to come out right.  It shouldnt require that much thinner.

Sorry thats my rant of the day!!

Kris

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Testers Acryl paint!!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 10:24:32 pm »

:) :)  Hi Chris  sorry can not offer  any information on these paints   have you tried  Tamiya  Acrylic paints have used them on many models  and varnished it humbrol clear varnish with no problems.  Hope this helps   do Testors have web Site?

All the Best 

Stan 

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 11:10:19 pm »

Kris
From my own experience, your problem may be one (or more) of the following:
1. A clogged airbrush;
2. Pressure too low; or
3. Ambient temperature too low.
Solutions may be:
1. Clean after every spraying. Alternatively you may be using an internal mix brush when a cheapo external mix (e.g. Badger 250) would do a better job;
2. There is no proper substitute for a compressor. If you're using canned propellant, dunk it into a jug of warm water while you spray. If you're trying to use an inflated car tyre, give up.....there's no point in being a damned fool for a model boat, is there? Save up for a compressor and buy it ASAP. I left it about twenty years too long.
3. This one's easy...........but suit yourself anyway, eh?

Never tried the brand of paint you mention so I can't comment on that. Don't chuck it away, however - Testers would be bankrupt if it was no use to anyone!
Good luck
FLJ

Koldness

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 11:29:48 pm »

:) :)  Hi Chris  sorry can not offer  any information on these paints   have you tried  Tamiya  Acrylic paints have used them on many models  and varnished it humbrol clear varnish with no problems.  Hope this helps   do Testors have web Site?

All the Best 

Stan 

http://www.testors.com/catalog_browse.asp?ictNbr=47  this is testors acryl line up!

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 08:19:16 pm »

Hmmmm- nver had any trouble with them! I use Humbrol and Revell colours as well......  :o

Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

Koldness

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 09:04:23 pm »

Here in Canada its either testors or tamiya really, we have humbrol but in the small tins, so to cover a boat would be costly, about 3 dollars our money a tin.  I find the tamiya to be the best to airbrush bt there color line up is limited, not to mant marine colors.

Kris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.