Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Arun lifeboat set up  (Read 27551 times)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: Arun lifeboat set up
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2011, 08:18:39 pm »

Spent all afternoon bedding down the gearbox.  When i started the engine today with the gearbox it was having a job to turn over the gearbox.  Happy days??? <*<
After running it on a lecky motor it seems to have shorted itself out. Will have to see how it is when it cools down. Ha ho.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

nhp651

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2011, 08:28:35 pm »

good luck bill I hope all your and your friends works are rewarded well.

neil

http://www.justgiving.com/lochnessscalesail

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2011, 05:59:10 pm »

OK got the gearbox to run a little better and put it all back in the hull for a test today. Pond today Lake on Sunday. I found out after I took the video that one of the shafts had come disconnected Oops!
Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXYt11BEneE
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

phillnjack

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2011, 12:49:42 pm »

If you want the engine to be a bit quiter when in nuetral, take of the clutch housing and then put a
bit if masking tape around the clutch bell, then put all back together.
the tape on the outside of the clutch bell stops the pinging sound and realy does quieten down a engine
running in nuetral.

The exhaust on your boat look very very good,nice flow of water comming out looking pretty realistic scale.

what props will you be putting on the boat ?

phill

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2011, 05:35:39 pm »

Well after the disaster last Sunday trying to run the boat I spent a few hours in my shed freeing all the gearbox off and other minor stuff. I had a run out today and something in the drive line was slipping!!! I think it was the drive flexi to the gearbox which i have now replaced. However when it was not slipping OH boy dose it shift.  {-) O0
One thing I have noticed is it dose set off a Large wake as it plough's along. It this normal for a Arun hull?????
Sorry I was a bit en voled to take any pics today ,maybe Sunday. The boat is still in primer but I'm sure it will look the bis once I have shorted out all the drive set up problems out. Oh the Joy of modelboating ;)

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2011, 06:09:28 pm »

that looks great, I like the moving part's the small crane is excellent, things not normally sen on an ic powered boat, is there any space for a big muffler box inside?

Peter

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2011, 06:20:00 pm »

Oh no Bill's got another holigan boat......nice one Bill looking good, keep up the fine work   :-))
Steamed up all the time

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2011, 07:42:55 pm »

that looks great, I like the moving part's the small crane is excellent, things not normally sen on an ic powered boat, is there any space for a big muffler box inside?

Peter
Hi Peter
It now make a lot less noise. I am playing around with different Ex box set up. On the video it was all most no silencer on it.
Cheers Phil.

phillnjack

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2011, 02:33:53 pm »

With a hull like this you have to expect a real big wave comming from the hull.
These are not true planning hulls, they are more like a semi-displacement with a planning bit added in.

At a speed when just off the plane, the hull will produce a real good deep smoothe wave, enough to sink some small boats.

still waiting to see a vid of this boat on a lake /river etc

phill :-))

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2011, 03:15:53 pm »

Hi Phil
I had a short run last Sunday. Got to replace the flexi shaft for a proper cupling as it slips. Alas it was to short a run to get on camera.  While the coupling is being turned out to fit I have decide to paint the hull and start fitting it out. So you may have to wait a week or 3 till I get it back on the water.
You are right about the wake. It's alot more then I'm used to with my race boat. But ha ho!

Know I have all the colour codes for the paint but I can't find the code for the gery deck colour.  Can anyone help ???

phillnjack

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2011, 02:01:25 am »

Ok ill wait for video and pics  :-))

phill

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2011, 08:47:28 pm »

Well after getting stuck on the M25 trying to pick the boat up I got it back all painted now.
Got to fit the hull out now ! Its never ending.
Lifeboat Paul.
If you read this can you post a pic of the rear of your boat as i don't seem to have any of that view

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2011, 08:01:48 pm »

Mabel Alice may just be good for a run Soon.

lifeboatpaul

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2011, 09:40:16 pm »

Hi Bill ,
Some pics of my rear end  :D

Paul

lifeboatpaul

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2011, 09:46:27 pm »

I forgot to say the aruns did not have the exhaust flap guards I have fitted , these were fitted as the flaps actually flap and have smoke coming from them , but they kept getting damaged  so I fitted the guards - but you already knew that !

Anyway Bill, you will have proper smoke !

Regs Paul.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2011, 02:54:38 pm »

Cheers Paul.
 :-)) :-))

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2011, 05:38:33 pm »

Well all the paint is dry, Only thing to do is give it a test on the water in the morn. I will see if I can get someone to video it and put it on youtube. :-)) :-))

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2011, 03:24:52 pm »

OK so the test run went OK. Still got a bit more to. I had to free off one of the gearbox shafts needed a big of freeing off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS7d52KN-8g

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2011, 05:49:17 pm »

Well the weekends here but ive got no chance of running it this weekend. Shopping Saturday <:( and Raceing with BMPRS on Sunday. :-)) Next weekend looks like a weekend away in the caravan so thats it unless the plan goes out the window next weekend. Still maybe I can get a bit more done on fitting her out during next week.
If your out with your ENJOY :-))

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2011, 09:34:22 am »

Progress report.
I had her out on the water last weekend. I could not get the engine to pick up the revs so we tuned the carbs. We had it a 3/4 revs and the gearbox locked up <:( <:(
After a a bit more work fitting some more spacers to hold the plates from moving it is as free movement that I have ever seen. Im keeping my fingers crossed that is all shorted out as it is not long to go till Wicksteed park madness weekend.
I hope to get it in the lake on Sunday and take the camera with me.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2011, 01:04:18 pm »

Seems like the gearbox is shorted out now. She flys alonge now. Had a problem with the water cooling pipe on the head parting company but I got it fixed now.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2011, 05:14:13 pm »

All being well I will be taking Mabel Alice to Wicky park Mayhem weekend. Got to do a final run out on Sunday to make 100% all is working OK.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2011, 12:27:33 pm »

Im 100% ready and good to go for Wicksteed next weekend now. Just got to charge all the batterys up and pack up all the stuff. See you all there.
From this to this in a year.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2011, 06:02:33 pm »

Well with a blind eye I ran the Arun at Wicksteed park yesterday. Once I had cleaned the blocked fule filter it went well. There is 1 or 2 pics on the Wicksteed postings.

Cheers to all the good folk who came over to have a look and chat about the build.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2011, 10:08:26 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/user/mayhem001boats
Take a look at my Arun at Wicksteed park last weekend.  :-))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.