Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: driving licence  (Read 11492 times)

RaaArtyGunner

Re: driving licence
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 09:32:14 pm »

Also for the uninitiated you can drink your coffee by sucking it through a Tim Tam, (they come in several flavours) what a lift definitely top notch upper crust  %) %) %) {-) {-) {-)

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 09:56:45 pm »

...awfully sunny and I'm amazed by the lack of snow mid-January in Lindsay {-)

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 11:19:43 pm »

...awfully sunny and I'm amazed by the lack of snow mid-January in Lindsay {-)

You may chide, but that's about what its been like this year so far.
yup, its been pretty easy this winter, to the chagrin the of the snowmobile crowd. We got about 3 or 4" last night. Not a problem, just freshens things up a bit.

John

Lord Bungle

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 11:58:39 pm »

Yup, 12 months it is. When I moved here 6 years ago, that was the deal, but when I went to change it to a full UK, they said can you prove you did your test on a manual, hmm, lets see, they didn't even have computers back then where I took my test.
I complained up the food chain, and settled on the possibility of having to redo a road test on a manual, a low and behold what came back but a full UK license, go figure, go far enough up the line manager chain and you might just succeed.

Happy motoring, ha in the UK during the summer...my 5 mile drive home at night noe takes 40 minutes, the price I pay for living in the English Riveria, funny not much French spoken round here, :}

Here you go mate, best I could find for you, hope the price doesn't make them hard to swallow.
http://www.australiashop.co.uk/
http://www.angloaustraliantrading.com/AustraliaShop/AUSearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=tim%20tams

Lord Bungle

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 12:01:49 am »

i know this is not a boat subject but if somebody from  auisse  came to live here could they drive  a car here on a auisse licence

As everyone else has pointed out he can for 12 months, my main question as someone who spends a fair bit behind the wheel is why would he want to?  {-) My Aunt when she came over from Perth was saying to me how heavy the traffic was when I was driving her from Heathrow, and looked shocked when I said I was thinking how clear it was  {-)

brianB6

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 12:49:50 am »

Kalula is even better than coffee %%

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 09:19:01 pm »

Lord Bungle, I have driven in the UK on a number of occasions, and have racked up over 20,000km driving over there. I have driven in central London (after paying the congestion tax  >>:-( ) and didn't find it any harder than driving in Sydney or Melbourne, as long as you know where you're going.

Where I live, however, more than 6 cars at the one time are regarded as a traffic jam, and our peak "hour" lasts about 10 minutes {-)

Peter.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 02:21:55 am »

I am now preparing for my Chinese driving test.
As I already have a full UK driving license I only need to do the theory test.

I do not need to do the practical test, which in most cities is done off road on a hard standing area. This consists of hill starts and driving forwards and backwards into boxes.
The first time a new Chinese driver gets to play in traffic is when they are on their own.

The theory test consists of 1300 questions, plus additional questions for trucks and buses.
Subjects include
1. Laws, Rules and Regulations on Road traffic safety
2. RoadTraffic Signals and Their Meanings
3. Knowledge on Safe and Courteous Driving
4.  Knowledge about Safe Driving on Expressways and Mountain Roads,
through Bridges and Tunnels, at Night, in Bad Weather and Complex Road Conditions
5. Knowledge on Dealing with Emergency such as Tire Blowout, Steering out of Control and Braking Failure etc.
6.Common Knowledge on Overall Structures and Main Safety Devices of Motorized Vehicles and Routine Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance
7. Common Knowledge on Self-Rescue and First-Aid after Traffic Accident, and Common Dangerous Chemicals

Quite comprehensive
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 02:48:29 am »

Here are some of the more 'interesting' questions from the Chinese Driving Test

Multiple choice questions
3.3.1.19 When driving a vehicle, the driver ______ for the sake of safety.
   A. May wear slippers
   B. May wear any shoes
   C. Should not wear slippers
   D. May wear high heels
   Answer:  C

3.3.1.25 When washing a vehicle in the urban areas, the driver should do so _______.
   A. At a car wash
   B. At will on the road
   C. At the riverside
   D. At the side of a reservoir
   Answer:  A

3.4.1.30 When encountering a flock of sheep crossing a road, the driver should _______.
A. Honk continuously to drive away the flock
B. Speed up and bypass the flock
C. Drive slowly and use the vehicle to scare away the flock
D. Reduce speed and go slowly, or stop to yield when necessary
Answer:  D

3.4.1.36 When encountering pedestrians on the road who are highly concentrated in speaking over cell phones, the driver should __________.
A. Honk when approaching them
B. Speed up and bypass from one side
C. Maintain the normal speed
D. Reduce speed and honk to remind them

3.4.1.37 When a pedestrian suffering behavioral disorder obstructs the normal flow of the vehicles on the road, the driver should ______.
A. Reduce speed in advance and go slowly, or stop when necessary
B. Honk to urge him to yield
C. Speed up and bypass from one side
D. Turn on the head light to warn him

5.9.1.4 When a vehicle falls into water, it is difficult to open the door because of the external water pressure. Therefore the driver should immediately ______ so that he can have the chance to survive.
A. Use tools to open the door
B. Close the windows to prevent water from flowing into the vehicle
C. Make telephone calls for help
D. Open the window or smash the window glass

5.9.1.5 When a vehicle falls into water, the method to escape is to find the direction of the water surface and _________.
A. Wait for the rescue personnel
B. Open the door to escape
C. Take measures to prevent water from flowing to the driver’s cab
D. Open the door or smash the window glass when the driver’s cab is full of water

7.1.1.4 When there many wounded persons, those who should be sent to hospital last are the persons ________.
A. Suffering cervical vertebra damage
B. Suffering massive haemorrhage
C. Suffering breathing difficulty
D. Whose intestines and veins are exposed

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 06:16:37 am »

Some more interesting question from the Chinese Driving Test.

Right/wrong type answers

5.9.2.5 After a vehicle falls into water, the driver should immediately close the windows to prevent water from flowing into the compartment and to keep the air from flowing out. At the same time, they make telephone calls to tell the rescue personnel the place of the accident and wait for their arrival.
Answer: Wrong

3.3.2.19 When driving, the driver may spit to the road or street out of the window.

3.3.2.22 In hot weather, the driver may drive a vehicle barebacked, barefooted or wearing slippers.

3.4.2.34 When passing a manned level crossing, the driver should obey to the command of the crossing manager and refrain from competing with the train.
   Answer: Right

5.7.2.2 When the driver senses he will inevitably be thrown out of the vehicle, he should violently straighten both his legs to increase the force of being thrown out and jump out of the vehicle.

Problems with Chinglish with the next one.

7.2.2.1 Dangerous chemicals possess the characteristics of explosion, inflammation, poison, erosion and radiation.

My question with this last one is, what does this have to do with the motorist?

7.2.2.5 When putting out a fire disaster that gives out erosive steam or poisonous gas, the firefighters should wear gas masks and other related protective articles and should operate from the windward side.

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 08:48:02 am »

This one really made me laugh!!!!
3.4.1.37 When a pedestrian suffering behavioral disorder obstructs the normal flow of the vehicles on the road, the driver should ______.
A. Reduce speed in advance and go slowly, or stop when necessary
B. Honk to urge him to yield
C. Speed up and bypass from one side
D. Turn on the head light to warn him

A pedestrian suffering " behavioral disorder "  You couldn't make it up!!!!  %% {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

They forgot answer E..... Run him over!! {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 09:17:32 am »

Wot no Bicycle Questions ?   %% %% %%

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 09:22:55 am »

Lots of bicycle questions, but they were the sane ones. O0

Lord Bungle

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 01:43:58 pm »

Lord Bungle, I have driven in the UK on a number of occasions, and have racked up over 20,000km driving over there. I have driven in central London (after paying the congestion tax  >>:-( ) and didn't find it any harder than driving in Sydney or Melbourne, as long as you know where you're going.

Where I live, however, more than 6 cars at the one time are regarded as a traffic jam, and our peak "hour" lasts about 10 minutes {-)

Peter.

thats what I mean mate, why would you want to drive over here  {-) A friend of mine got a fine through the post for stopping on a red route they other day, He pulled up at a set of RED traffic lights and his passenger quickly got out of the car to save having to stop further up the road, The passenger was out and away before the lights turned green, but a fine was sent because someone got out of the car he was unloading on a red route.

Hearses getting tickets outside churches when unloading for funerals,
it all gone mad.

6 cars and a 10 minute rush hour sounds like bliss to me  :}

Lord Bungle

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 01:46:24 pm »

This one really made me laugh!!!!
A pedestrian suffering " behavioral disorder "  You couldn't make it up!!!!  %% {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

They forgot answer E..... Run him over!! {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

what do you do if the pedestrian isn't suffering "behavioral disoder" and in your way? is there a section of questions on people that enjoy their behavioral disorder?  %%

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2011, 02:13:42 pm »

Tiger, I've seen the driving in China - no matter how many questions they ask, the Chinese drivers are still crazy .....I know, my mum's one!
Doesn't matter what they do after they've got their licence........survival of the fittest rules apply.

The Indian driving test is also taken off-road. Up the yard, round an oil barrel and back to pass. My Goan friends have a daughter that wished to pass her test in the car they'd bought her. At the time there were six doing their tests, the girl in her own car, the examiner (who was driving a second car ) and his five learner/passengers - the two cars took the same route around the barrels and they all passed!

I came to the UK for further ed. with a Malaysian driving licence, but had obtained an international driving permit - as I went back to Malaysia on holiday every year I simply renewed the permit. Eventually I took a British test and turned up in my own car to the test centre as well, that made them wonder too.

The manual / automatic driving test also applies here. Pass a manual gearbox test, drive either. Pass the auto' box and you're restricted.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2011, 02:42:06 pm »

Tiger, I've seen the driving in China - no matter how many questions they ask, the Chinese drivers are still crazy .....
Doesn't matter what they do after they've got their licence........survival of the fittest rules apply.

I think there is only one rule, and I am not joking.
Don't hit the guy in front.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011, 09:26:12 pm »

I think there is only one rule, and I am not joking.
Don't hit the guy in front.

And watch out for the guy behind %% {-)

Peter.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2011, 02:37:40 am »

And watch out for the guy behind %% {-)

Peter.

Peter, I can guarantee that this is rarely if ever done

thegrimreaper

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2011, 11:51:02 am »

Loved the time I drove in Australia until my mate drove me in Melbourne and showed me the dreaded hook turn couldn`t believe what he did at first then it all made sense when he mentioned the trams, soon got the hang of it though. last time we were in Oz we hired a bike and rode to halls gap now that was brill nice quiet roads sunshine cheap petrol cant wait to get back in 2013

Regards Mark.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2011, 12:00:38 pm »

Has anyone seen that tv show about the Americans truck drivers in India?  That was scary!
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 05:18:57 am »

Well I just got my Chinese driving license. Within an hour of passing my test I have the license in my hand.

Now all I need is a car. The only problem here is that cars are expensive, and they depreciate, and so people tend not to buy second hand.
Why? Probably because Chinese people will not take the depreciation hit, and the main reason for selling a car here is that it has something wrong with it.

Imported cars are about 50% dearer here (some more) and the made in China Toyota, VW, etc are also 20-30% more than back home.
Chinese made cars, although they look good and have the functionality needed for the local driving conditions, are not mechanically strong or good in a crash.

bulldog1966

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2011, 06:03:11 pm »

yep seen irt in india did you know they have to only drive a mile turn car round and park saftly and they got a licence hairy bikes had to take a test to drive in there country its on youtube
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.