Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Small Typhoon Hull Kit  (Read 2647 times)

George

Looking for Small Typhoon Hull Kit
« on: June 27, 2010, 04:49:02 am »

Hello

I am interested in finding a smaller size Typhoon kit that can be converted to Full R.C use as a static diver. Something in the range of about 30 - 40 " approximately. O.h Sorry for the people that are used to metric, " means inches. I still think in " even though I am surrounded by the metric system. I would like the hull to have Good detail and have the proper propellers available from the same kit builder/seller.

I hope such a size is possible and if so, please post a link for me here and your thoughts of the available kits quality and reports of dealings with the supplier.

If I have posted this in the Wrong Section, I am Sorry.

Thanks In Advance to All for your Help.

George

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
Re: Looking for Small Typhoon Hull Kit
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 06:28:19 am »

There is only 1 commercial hull that fits the bill. The KMB version http://www.jet-drive.de/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=57&Itemid=17
It was easy enough to order from the UK.

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:19:26 am »

mankster is quite correct  with the kmb hull. this is a set of moldings only without plans and info on construction details and you will have to join all the sections together . also you will have to devise some form og diving system either modular or using the hull box section. not an easy task unless you have some engineering and fibreglassing skills. but would make a nice model with skill and patience. .  .regards sub.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 09:18:14 pm »

Have a look at the bottom of this page for some pictures of the hull being discussed-

http://rc-sub.com/typhoon.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.