Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Think it's broke?  (Read 2117 times)

StevenageMBC

Think it's broke?
« on: June 27, 2010, 03:35:36 pm »

{-)

Took my new toy out a minute ago, while at home it made a noise like a demented egg whisk (as electric stuff does), less than 5 minutes later in the field out back I switch on and get weird movements in the motor that look as if it were missing a phase. I guess it was? The resulting fire was humourous, thankfully no damage to the plane except two of the transistors embedding themselves in the depron after de-soldering themselves from the board... There's another one still burnt out in the field... I figured I didn't need to retreive it {-) Never got to fly the plane either ;)

Moral of the story, don't buy Century UK products...

Dueller

Re: Think it's broke?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 07:11:44 pm »

did you buy it from the "wings and wheels" show?

StevenageMBC

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 07:12:57 pm »

The plane came from Giant Cod, and the esc, motor and battery came out of a Century UK heli.

nick_75au

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 12:31:10 pm »

What Kv is the motor?,
I think the problem was "came out of a heli", Heli motors are usually high Kv and a big gear reduction to drive the rotor, try to direct drive a prop, current goes through the roof and the evidence is clearly visible. motor is probably a 4000Kv and 2 cell lipo trying to spin that poor prop at 30000 Rpm.

Moral should be check the power system with a current meter before committing to the sky (or water) :-))

Nick

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.