Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RECEIVER  (Read 1737 times)

regiment

RECEIVER
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:03:01 pm »

is it ok to use a seperate battery in my receiver  it has a built in bec  ,,, i have a battery box 4 aa  with one lead black  @ red no switch  the other one 4 aa batteries has  3 wires on it  one from the box then to a switch whitch has 2 wires from it  hope someone understands this thanks

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RECEIVER
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:51:29 pm »

If you are going to use a separate battery you will need to winkle the red lead out of the ESC plug.
The battery holder minus switch is probably intended for use with a switch harness.  The plug on the end will probably need a bit of carving to enable it to fit the receiver (and BE CAREFUL because RXs don't like having power plugged in the wrong way round) because it will be shaped to fit one make of device, and only fit the right way round.
The three wire one - never come across one with three wires coming from the battery- I have used 3 connection plugs to connect power into the RX, but its always been a 2 wire (red & black) from the battery.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 09:30:05 pm »

Fleet and Digi-Fleet gear use 3 wires ,,, the centre wire is + (Red) The negative (- Black) is usually the wrong way around so you have to reverse the plug ...BE Sure to check it on a meter  or check which colour wire is attached to the neg - side of the Battery It is usually the older gear that uses 3 wires {:-{ {:-{
Freebooter  {:-{
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

regiment

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 02:41:03 pm »

thanks thinks ill leave well alone

Nordsee

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 04:01:36 pm »

thanks thinks ill leave well alone
A very sensible decision! I once assumed that Simprop Servos were the same wiring as Futaba, Wrong!! I happily rewired a simprop Servo for a Futaba plug, and promptly had a plastic box of scrap! Best is not to assume anything! A little knowlege is a dangerous thing.

regiment

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 04:49:53 pm »

how true at 79 my knowlege is going bit by bit glad i have you youngsters to rely on  {-) {-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.