Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deans Marine HMS Cossack  (Read 3348 times)

John Plum

Deans Marine HMS Cossack
« on: February 03, 2011, 08:24:41 pm »

Just acquired a second hand Deans Marine radion controlled ship HMS Cossack. Unfortunately all the fittings and the plans are missing - Can anybody help?

John Plum

mikearace

Re: Deans Marine HMS Cossack
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 08:52:23 pm »

If this is the model that was advertised on ebay it seemed very much to me that whoever originally bought it may have bought it as a split kit from deans where the hull vac forms prop shafts and timber and plasticard build sheets are sent first for half the payment and the fittings follow up to six months later upon payment of the rest and in this case the builder perhaps didnt buy his fittings tray.   Certainly from the description of the model whoever built it to the stage its at only had the first half of the split kit so that was my theory.  If this is the case a call to Ron at Deans may be able to release all of the fitting trays but I guess you will have to pay at least half the price which would be £148.  Give Ron a try though. 

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:10:56 pm »

If this is the model that was advertised on ebay it seemed very much to me that whoever originally bought it may have bought it as a split kit from deans where the hull vac forms prop shafts and timber and plasticard build sheets are sent first for half the payment and the fittings follow up to six months later upon payment of the rest and in this case the builder perhaps didnt buy his fittings tray.   Certainly from the description of the model whoever built it to the stage its at only had the first half of the split kit so that was my theory.  If this is the case a call to Ron at Deans may be able to release all of the fitting trays but I guess you will have to pay at least half the price which would be £148.  Give Ron a try though. 

If it is the same one (refer "seen on ebay on" this forum) it was misrepresented as it was listed with having fittings but in the item description it contradicted the listing by saying fittings were needed to finish the model. :(( :(( :((

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 08:41:22 am »

You need to get in  touch with Ron Dean, but buying fittings only is very near as expensive as buying the kit.

I had a similar problem with their HMS Javelin.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

mikearace

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 08:50:09 pm »

Yep your right the fittings bought seperate may be quite costly - almost to the full price.

The other alternative is John Haynes who has his very good quality 1/96th fittings listed on his web page that you may be able to compile a list of what you require.  either way though it will almost take you up to the full price of the original kit.

John Plum

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:11:44 pm »

[Thanks, yes it is that one. I have contacted Deans Marine regarding the fittings]

John Plum

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 09:25:17 pm »

If it is the same one (refer "seen on ebay on" this forum) it was misrepresented as it was listed with having fittings but in the item description it contradicted the listing by saying fittings were needed to finish the model. :(( :(( :((

[Well spotted, I have chased this with the person selling]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.