Masterclasses > George's TID Tug

Q & A for George's TID Tug

<< < (2/31) > >>

ggeorge:
Hi Barry,
  I normally would not use this as a base but I will need the extra weight. A far as viberation and noise, these motors are very quiet and low RPM and with rubber motor mount seem to work at the test run.

Gerald

barryfoote:
Thanks for that George. A good idea to use it as extra ballast. :-))

offshore1987:
Looks really ace  :} i just really love the shape of them

Cant wait to see more  :-))

All the best

farrow:
You mention coaling scuttles, so why not make her a oil fired vessel most of the ones I believe in MoD use were oil burners, save a bit of extra research and work.

ggeorge:
Hi ,
  In regards to the oil fired vessel and the coaling scuttles. The first 90 were Cole fired with fixed funnels and the rest were oil fired with hinged funnels.  I like detail and idea of coaling scuttles on the deck. I also like the idea of the hinged funnel and mast and the open bridge. Here are a few more pix of a couple of my models. The ENVOY is in the military version and lightly weathered.The flat iron gunboat is a David Medcalf hull. The sailor in the head is reading a model boating magazine.The TID is is off the bench for a week while I finished the 40 ft. torpedo boat that can been seen in other pix of TID. Should be finished this weekend and then back to TID.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version