Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hosepipe Ban Coming?  (Read 11348 times)

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
Re: Hosepipe Ban Coming?
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2010, 07:45:38 am »

There is plenty of water in Coniston now- it has gone up 18" in the past 3 days!

Thank goodness I'm not helming Gondola on saturday, it's going to be chaos- 40 swimmers in the swimming championship and 30-40 under 16's in a dinghy race at the same time.

You will of course be going for a trip on Gondola while you're up won't you...?

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

The long Build

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2010, 08:40:44 am »

Good, like to hear it can't behaving a lake with no water.. a tiny bit of wind but not to much straight down the lake would also be nice..Yes the dinghy's can be a problem but generally only to those who do not know how to control their swimmer  8)  These swims are the only time SWMBO listens to me.!

The race on Saturday is a relay , and swum very near the shore, The main race is on Sunday  :-)) where we are more in the middle. Often wonder as the boats steam past what the passengers think of a load of mad people swimming the 5.5 miles of the lake.

Is the cafe back in operation after last years floods, as I need my bacon sandwich before we go..

We have sailed in one of the boats about 2 years ago , must admit can not remember which one.. Not sure this year.

Out of interest my wife is the current 3-way Coniston swim record holder which she has held the title for over 10 years.

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2010, 04:50:32 pm »

Hi,

Sorry to disappoint, wind is forecast to be 40mph straight up the lake i'm afraid- if it is we won't be sailing anyway.

Very interesting about your wife, is she the same lady that swam Windermere, Coniston, Derwentwater and Ullswater in the same day?

We get a lot of swimmers in the lake, unfortunately they are not all accompanied, and an even fewer number don;t even wear a bright cap- we had a very near miss a couple of weeks ago- guy in a black suit and cap on a windy day- 20secs later and he would have been round the prop- it shakes you up a bit I can tell you, but he didn't seem to give a damn!

Suppose there's always one, and we always responsibly report their position, heading and whether they are accompanied or not so other lake users know their whereabouts, but we can only do so much.

Bluebird Cafe is back up and running yes, still in Portakabins though- they have planning permission to do something with the proper corrugated side but no-one knows what exactly.

You would remember if it was Gondola you had sailed on!

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.