Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: If I ran this country...  (Read 6064 times)

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: If I ran this country...
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 11:40:27 pm »

To be fair, tax avoidance is  :-))  but tax evasion is  <*<. Poor old PAYE er's have to stump up the cash O0,  but a fair few of the rest of our taxable population go to 'some' lengths  %) to shall we say..............  explore 'creative accountancy'. Let's face it most of us are'nt that honest when it come's to the taxman  :police:    {-)
My new approach would be get folks to 'Payup and  :}........  Cos the welfare state/ god* and the taxman loves you  :}

*who/whatever your persuasion.

PMK

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 07:02:03 am »

"Let's face it most of us are'nt that honest when it come's to the taxman"

Speak for yourself, buddy.
Besides, what's with all this griping about the taxman anyway? They're not all bad.
My dodgy boss ripped me off big time concerning the amount of tax I paid. Mr taxman was good enough to help me, AND he also delved 12-years-deep into the accounts of my boss. I never got my money back, but I did have the satisfaction of knowing that he (boss) got whacked with a real hefty wrap on the knuckles.

You don't need to be dishonest with the taxman. As long as you play fair, means he's more than ready to play fair with you.
The only ones making noises are obviously the ones who are up to something crooked.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 08:19:57 am »

I tend to agree PMK........in OZ we have a BAS [business activity statement] that in my case is required to be completed & $ remitted quarterly

To my suprise .....one morning a letter from the Australian Taxation Office or the .....  :police: .... I thought

My company uses "Quickbooks" accounting software & I had made an incorrect overpayment  >>:-( >>:-(  >>:-(

Over the next few weeks a number of telephone communication's & e-mails to & from the ATO resolved the issue & a part credit to me on my next BAS payment

The young women & men from the ATO were professional, courteous & helpful  :-)) :-)) :-))  ..... I would not hesitate contacting them directly in the future if needed ....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 08:26:42 am »

I am 79 years of age, retired several years, and then in May I got a tax return to complete!   I was not amused but completed the form and sent it off.   Last week I received a refund of £142.   I am now a happy bunny.    Pete M
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 08:42:15 am »

Last week I received a refund of £142.   I am now a happy bunny.

But does that mean you've been overpaying tax for the last half century?  %)

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 02:13:51 pm »

Don`t know Colin, but if they send me a form next year, I will make sure to complete it.  Pete
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 09:19:40 am »

The whole system of tax collecting is like a dinosaur.

I am lucky enough to receive five pensions - State, RAF, last employer and two private ones I set up my self. They vary from £20 per month to £600 before tax. Despite computerization and the fact that I, like everyone else, have a unique National Insurance number, these are dealt with by Five separate offices - in Cardiff, Newcastle, Glasgow, Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds! Consequently, every time there is a change in tax coding, or an increase in one of these pensions I get up to five coding notices, often telling me that there has been no change in my code! It took nearly a year to sort out after I became eligible for over 65 tax relief.

I suppose one day they will run out of quill pens and be forced to centralize things on one computer?

Rick

Prophet

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 11:41:16 am »

Bring Back Capital Punishment Including The Death Sentance via Hanging!

No more child molestation.. murder rate seriously decressed, crime overall decressed  :-))

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2010, 03:20:17 am »

Ah if only.  :-)) O0
Am reminded by the politically correct statement  <:( "they are sent to prison as punishment    >:-o and not for punishment  >>:-( in other words no more hard labour as it is inhumane  <*< <:( >>:-(

Prophet

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 03:29:21 pm »

im sure if one of the politicians had a family memeber murdered or there child abducted or murdered they might re think that 'politicaly correct phrase'

to me everything politcians spout is hipocracy. how many normaly ppl own 2 homes? get paid to sit there and talk crap all day ride around in 120 grand merc's  do nothing in the end but incress our outgoings while they make claimes for pool cleaning.. big screen tv's.

i can keep going about whats wrong with this govement, but just think what have you given them.. .to what they really  have given you....

Dekan

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 05:26:41 pm »

All government is cr*p.. Anyone who thinks he should be a politician is obviously not suitable to be one....

Me ? what would I do  ... I would bring back public hanging... guess where I will start first... :-))

Sorry, but the position of icecream seller is all ready taken.. but any bids for hot dog seller etc will be considered on merit :}   

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 08:43:12 pm »

It's very difficult to compensate an innocent man,  if it is later found, he had been wrongly accused, convicted and executed. Quite a few years ago Parliament held a 'free vote' and for this reason and many others, the death penalty was abolished.  :-)

Dekan

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2010, 09:20:56 pm »

It's very difficult to compensate an innocent man,  if it is later found, he had been wrongly accused, convicted and executed. Quite a few years ago Parliament held a 'free vote' and for this reason and many others, the death penalty was abolished.  :-)

Parliament .. Those losers... ;) they where just trying to save their own skins... :} :}.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 23 queries.