Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compressor  (Read 2547 times)

Stavros

Compressor
« on: January 15, 2007, 11:01:52 pm »

OK this may seem a strange request to everyone especially as I am the one allways giving info on spraying but never mind eh.well my trusty Clarke compressor gave up the ghost this weekend and I must admit it has been excellent over the years so I am defiantly replacing it with another,but the big question is with which one,let alone do I buy one specifically for my airbrush as well as a larger one for bigger areas,what do you lads use out there cheers Stavros

FullLeatherJacket

Re: Compressor
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 11:11:27 pm »

I too use a Clarke from Machine Mart. It's called a Bronco and I've had it for years. I use Badger airbrushes with it; a 150 for detail and a 250-4 for larger areas. Have toyed with buying a "proper" spraygun but these seem to do what I want anyway.
Works fine for me, but suit yourself.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 11:17:38 pm »

I got mine locally off eBay from a lady who used it for spray tanning and nails.
large resevoir, plenty of air and almost silent.
Oh yes, and cheap!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Koldness

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:09:59 am »

I have a badger, and mainly I use a hardware store brand 2.5 gallon 3 horsepower unit, I get a more adjustable psi that way.

Kris

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 01:03:07 pm »

Stavros,

I have a 14 cfm sized compressor and it's uses are many and varied, I use it for airbrush, touch up gun, full sized gun, rattle gun, and blowing up wheels, and a nail gun, bigger is better...

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 02:19:14 pm »

Basicly you should have a look for a compressor which is not one of the screw- or membran types. Good enough for 3 bar (what`s that in Imperials?  ???) and with a reservoir good enough to keep the pressure. If it is too small it will lead to a bad result in painting. Better a number bigger than smaller.....
Mine has a reservoir with just 5 litres, much too small. Changed up to a reservoir with 25 litres- now good enough for the Airbrush-job (and changing the wheels, spraying some bigger items).

Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.