Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is't life a bowl of cherries!  (Read 2054 times)

Myansome

Is't life a bowl of cherries!
« on: July 11, 2010, 06:54:20 am »

:-)) I started off retirement with SWMBO agreeing that I could create a 00 guage layout in one side of the attic; this has turned into a thirty two footer over the past two years with five scenic dioramas, one being a harbour! This will take me a lifetime  but is great fun. On a limited budget, I fortunately envested in items from ebay before I retired when prices were rather cheaper!
 :-)) My real passion is local history and I am a Volunteer with the Penlee House Gallery and Museum in Penzance where I have great fun working with the photos and organising or trying to our our photographic reearch group. It's through one of my friends there who gave me the 1930's Pond yacht hull that I got started in this hobby. I've loved boats and ships all my life and living with a view over Newlyn Harbour and Mouts Bay is a constant thrill and excitement!
I was very privileged to be brought up with my grandfather who lived with us and he was a fisherman all his life and loved the sea.
hey ho ........  %%

Roger in France

Re: Is't life a bowl of cherries!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 07:56:32 am »

If you enjoy research and history then may I suggest you explore genealogy?

My family originated in Gwennap, Cornwall so I have to do most of my research on the Internet. I hope to visit Cornwall on a future visit to the UK.

Roger in France

Myansome

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 09:39:31 am »

Hi Roger,
Agree on the genealogy. I got hooked on that too many years ago through a chance letter from a distant relative in Oz. It's great fun and highly fscinatng especially linked with the local history. Gwennap Pit will be worth a vist when you come over. Sue and I dropped in the other week although the small museum there was closed. Used to go there as a child for the Whit Monday services.
hey ho

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 02:13:57 pm »

I also enjoy genealogy.   Using the net and various Records Offices, I have traced my roots back to c. 1500.   Pete
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

chingdevil

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 06:04:02 pm »

I like genealogy but do not do enough of it, my ancestors go back to 1620 starting in Essex.

Brian

Myansome

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:25:17 pm »

:-)) This is a very useful website.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.