Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Castle class corvett  (Read 1682 times)

jaysim

Castle class corvett
« on: July 13, 2010, 01:44:00 am »

Hi all, as my youngest has started nursery  :-) and now having acouple of hours free two days a week I was wondering if anyone has a set of plans for above class of ships that they have surplus to requirements . I want to have a go at building a hull to 1/72 to go with my flower as there dont seem to be any ww2 hulls about. Never tryed to build a hull before although have seen it done a few times .
Thanks Simon

hmsantrim

Re: Castle class corvett
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:53:20 am »

Hi Simon.
                http://www.lambert-plans.com/            

Over 270 plans, download size 285 KB.  (bottom left of the page on lambert site click on the 270 plans)

go to  bottom of page

L/S/240       CASTLE CLASS FRIGATE - HMCS TILLSONBURGE (ex PEMBROKE CASTLE) - HULL SECTIONS.

Redrawn from the original docking plan dated September 1943.  
                          One medium sheet. 3 drawings. Drawn April 2004.

there are other detail sheets on his site for the castle its on the naval weapons page.

OR
        Harlech Castle HMS MM1183
        Designer: Vic SmeedStar Rating: *A 32in corvette model based on the Castle class but with modified super-structure giving 
          attractive appearance. Balsa/ply construction, electric po...

£5.95

I can send you some model pix to help if you get on to the build

cheers  Frank

jaysim

Re: Castle class corvett
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 01:02:40 am »

Thanks Frank, will look at the John Lambert plans and see about copying them to 1/72.
Simon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 19 queries.