Mess Deck: General Section > Other Hobbies and Interests

Rallying

(1/2) > >>

Stavros:
Now how many of you out there are interested in htis sport if you are Stavros NEEDS YOU
I am chief marshal or should it be chief idiot!!on the |Cambrian Rally in November starting in Llandudno with stages around the orme,penmachno and clocaenog,if you are interested in spectating for free and doing a job come on down pm me cheers Stav

OneBladeMissing:
I prefer to do my rally spectating in front of the box these days. No WRC on ITV this year so we're going to have to endure Eurosport. Yeuk!

Shipmate60:
I used to Marshall on the "Autumn Leaves Rally" in Hampshire, bit far to travel to stand in the cold and wet mate.

Bob

malcolmbeak:
Wonderful!  It's years since I did any motor sport. I used to rally a Volvo 122S - the engine was bored to 2 litres, modified head and cam from the fuel injection car, uprated suspension. Wales was THE place to rally as all the locals seemed to enjoy watching unlike the home counties where farmers would come out with their tractors and drive slowly down the middle of the road (thats public roads).
I also used to do driving tests, autocross and sprints in The Austin Healey Frite - a Mk1 Sprite fitted with a 1650 Ford Cortina engine and box. Great fun but it kept me poor for years.
I just drive an Alfa 156 V6 these days. There may be speed restrictions, but theres no law against acceleration yet!

Malcolm

OneBladeMissing:
"... there's no law against acceleration YET!"
The way things are going in this country, it's only a matter of time before we're back to the days of having a bloke with a red flag walking in front of our cars!
Come to think of it, there are probably people registered on this forum who can remember that the first time around!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version