Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Push boat plans  (Read 8828 times)

CaptVos

Push boat plans
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:30:29 pm »

can anyone supply me with a cheap set of push boat plans modeling after a river pusher on the mississipi? im currently in port aransas looking at pushboats and they are all just short little tings like a springer which id also like to do and i have those plans but i want something a litle longer. i know plans cost money so i understand if you dont wanna give em away.

CaptVos

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Push boat plans
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 12:52:18 am »

Hi CaptVos, Why don't you modify/extend one of the pusher plans you have? Use copy paper and trace the bow and stern halves on seperate sheets and lengthen the hull to suit your needs and re-position features to suit. You don't even need to get copy paper if you carefully cut the  plan sheet up and re-arrange/ extend the sections. Once you are happy with the new/extended size - glue/line up the bits of plan onto a larger sheet and draw in the 'missing' build lines.

Some ideas if no-one has what you need.  ok2 :}

CaptVos

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 01:09:48 am »

now see i can never think of something so simple!  {:-{ i just want a good looking model that i can work off of, then again thats part of modeling dooing what you like and making it look good! sad thing is since i live in the states i cant do anything with you guys  :((. maybe this is an oppurtunity to start an american mayhem chapter? ok2

CaptVos

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 01:50:10 am »

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 03:41:11 am »

Do what Norgale did, and just work from pictures and a sketch.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1081221

ok2

CaptVos

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 04:32:29 am »

wow that is great information there everything i needed to really begin to plan out my pushboat set up! and im assuming that building from scratch is much sheaper than buying a hull? wow this is great stuff!!!!!! thanks so much oldiron and umi_ryuzuki!!! oh man im so ready!!!!

Regards and with much enthusiation!

CaptVos

CaptVos

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 04:38:31 am »

see now my next question is how do i get the plans from towboatjoe.com?

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 04:47:30 am »

CapVos...it is pretty simple........just go to the WEB site http://www.towboatjoe.com/

& select Plans option....... O0
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 04:48:58 am »

towboatjoe.com Website appears not to be functioning at the moment. {:-{
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

CaptVos

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 06:33:17 am »

ok i understand you have to print the order form and mail it in.....how stupid do you have to be not to see that.........ok im on track again! sorry guys for that ignorant post  {:-{

CaptVos

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 12:42:37 pm »

Way to go!  :-)) :}

CaptVos

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 05:06:26 pm »

anyways........anyone have any good suggestions for motors and gear box set ups? whats the lowest you can go gear wise and the biggest reduction? Also i was thinking about this last night, does the material the wheel is made of really effect its performance?

CaptVos

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 05:19:24 pm »

now see i can never think of something so simple!  {:-{ i just want a good looking model that i can work off of, then again thats part of modeling dooing what you like and making it look good! sad thing is since i live in the states i cant do anything with you guys  :((. maybe this is an oppurtunity to start an american mayhem chapter? ok2

CaptVos

There's Mayhemers all around the world and plenty in the States.

John

CaptVos

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 06:04:46 pm »

yeah but where i come from is a small small town bout an hour north of austin and there isnt many public ponds or anything to do things in i have buddies with ranches and things that have ponds, but inviting a bunch of people onto their land i don tknow if that is considered polite %) so is there any guidlines to starting a club or is it whatever you want?

CaptVos

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 09:22:55 pm »

yeah but where i come from is a small small town bout an hour north of austin and there isnt many public ponds or anything to do things in i have buddies with ranches and things that have ponds, but inviting a bunch of people onto their land i don tknow if that is considered polite %) so is there any guidlines to starting a club or is it whatever you want?

CaptVos

If you're starting the club, its what you want. The trick will be finding like minded modelers if you're in a quiet area.

John

towboatjoe

• Full Mayhemer
  • Rollin' on the River
    • Towboat Joe
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 09:38:45 pm »

What are you looking for. I have everything from a truckable to 200' line haulers. Single screw to quad screw.
Email me at towboatjoe@live.com
Joe

CaptVos

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 10:15:40 pm »

Joe i just sent you a message of the model i want to do, so pretty much i can start a club and try to gain members and pretty much i define what it is? for some reason i thought that there were rules to boat clubs everyone followed good deal.

CaptVos

towboatjoe

• Full Mayhemer
  • Rollin' on the River
    • Towboat Joe
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 10:39:33 pm »

I sent you an email back. Good luck on starting a club. I tried to start one here 15 years ago, but there was no interest in this area.

CaptVos

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 11:26:35 pm »

preciate the drawings joe, i should be able to create a model from these? ive never constructed one from plans so i dont know what plans look like. yeah im hoping i can get some sort of interest here too, over there in the uk yall have nice meets and ponds designated for this kind of thing wish we did too  {:-{. once again joe im very appreciative

CaptVos

towboatjoe

• Full Mayhemer
  • Rollin' on the River
    • Towboat Joe
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 01:28:47 am »

Well thanks, but I'm not in the UK. I'm here in Kentucky on the Ohio River. There arte many different types of drawings. Mine are from general arrangement plans from the builder. Other plans that are designed for modeling have a lot of building info. Mine just give basic outline so modelers can build from whatever they are accoustomed to. you ca nsee how I build mine from my web site http://towboatjoe.com.

I toured through Texas a few times. I'm a touring musician and have played Amarillo, Longview and El Paso plus 34 other states.

CaptVos

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 01:58:23 am »

sounds like an interesting life there joe, and yeah id like to model it on my own and customize it even though this is my first. about what size of wood and glue should i use? also what kinda music did you play?

CaptVos
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 22 queries.