Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BOWMAN POND YACHTS  (Read 7808 times)

steamboatwilly

BOWMAN POND YACHTS
« on: July 15, 2010, 04:12:19 pm »

I have two Bowman pond yachts from my childhood in the fifties,  relegated to the loft,  masts and sails have gone awol.. From memory, they are both AQUAPLANE types at 21.5 and 23.5 inches. The later and larger model, bought around 1960, came fitted with a rudder. Trying to source a supplier of BEECH dowel for masts and boom. but no luck so far. The smaller one is 6mm mast size, the larger is 8mm from holes in deck. No idea on boom size. Would also like to know rigging plan if anybody has a similar model, as would like to restore and use agin. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Willy.

tony52

Re: BOWMAN POND YACHTS
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 06:19:54 pm »

Is the Bowman Circle site of any value?

http://www.bowmancircle.co.uk/index.html

Tony

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:07:54 pm »

I have two Bowman pond yachts from my childhood in the fifties,  relegated to the loft,  masts and sails have gone awol.. From memory, they are both AQUAPLANE types at 21.5 and 23.5 inches. The later and larger model, bought around 1960, came fitted with a rudder. Trying to source a supplier of BEECH dowel for masts and boom. but no luck so far. The smaller one is 6mm mast size, the larger is 8mm from holes in deck. No idea on boom size. Would also like to know rigging plan if anybody has a similar model, as would like to restore and use agin. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Willy.

This any use?

tony52

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 09:02:20 pm »

Pleased the Bowman Circle site may be of value.

Bowman yachts (and steam boats) in good condition can be collectable and hold a decent value.

Good Luck with the project
Tony.

steamboatwilly

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 09:09:08 am »

My sincere thanks to the two people who replied. Willy

steamboatwilly

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 11:26:42 am »

Following discussions with the MD she has decided  that as and  when I am able to list in the sales section, they will appear, as I have more interest in steam than sail, and not enough years left to do everything.

Hopefully somebody will appreciate them, as I would rather give them to someone who will appreciate them, keep them and restore them, rather than sell.

Willy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.