Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: kyosho seawind  (Read 2154 times)

triumphjon

kyosho seawind
« on: July 16, 2010, 07:28:33 pm »

on my way to the lake this evening ive dropped my yacht , its landed rudder first and is now in three peices ! has anybody got a spare one , or know where i can buy one please ?

Tombsy

Re: kyosho seawind
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 08:05:49 pm »

triumphjon

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 06:50:53 pm »

well ive superglued the damaged one together , and haveing a gallon can of polyester resin out in the shed ( smallest quantity i could buy !) ive laminated the whole thing both sides with matt & resin ! its now slightly thicker , stronger than origanal , just got to sand it smooth again !

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 05:54:53 pm »

The Seawind rudders could be a bit larger anyway! Perhaps, the newly reinforced and a tad larger rudder will yield improved handling in heavier winds! :-)
If not, you can get a new rudder from Kysoho direct, or from any number of their dealers.

I live not to far from their US offices here in Southern California. I have ordered parts from my boat and they have been very helpful whenever I contacted them.
Let us know how your handly work turns out.

Windchaser

triumphjon

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 09:14:12 pm »

had it back in the lake sunday afternoon around two hours of relaxing sailing ! my rudder is only slightly thicker ,and only about 6mm bigger than the kyosho standard item . truth being ive coated the origanal with polyester resin & matting then sanded the whole thing smooth again !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.