Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Submarine day,Eaton Park, Norwich  (Read 6007 times)

admiral donuts

• Full Mayhemer
Submarine day,Eaton Park, Norwich
« on: July 19, 2010, 10:40:32 pm »

Hi Guys,Its that time of year again,Sunny days and weed free,Gin clear water,now slightly blue thanks to the Council
the Event starts at 10.00 am on Sunday the 8th of August at Eaton Park,Norwich Norfolk,Hopefully some Surface Warships will be patrolling and giving us some juicy targets to shoot at
Several modellers are having a Bring and Buy sale on the day so why not clear out all your unwanted gear
The usual facilities are available,Car parking 6 feet from the pond Clubhouse open to all for refreshments and the all important loo
I will be the Officer of the day so all subs will be inspected before deployment,full Captains Requestment for any defaulters!!!
Post code is NR4 7AY
Website is norwichmodelboatclub,com

Hope to see you all there

Regards Admiral Donuts

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Submarine day,Eaton Park, Norwich
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 06:05:20 pm »

Can I recommend the placing of some signs at the entrance for car access for the benefit of the uninitiated. I went last year for the first time and had quite a time finding the way in.

admiral donuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 06:56:04 pm »

A very good point Subculture,will do as requested,will detail members to act as guides also

Regards Donuts

RonP

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 10:44:45 pm »

If anyone has not been to one of these does then GO!  these guys at Norwich are SO enthusiastic it takes your breath away. I shall be there, Alpha strapped to the passenger seat of my Goldwing
and if the weather holds out it will be bliss-----now as for that blonde with the grandfather fixation---any suggestions?

admiral donuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:16:20 pm »

Blondes?Grandfathers?Listen matey,you chasing blondes at your age is like my dog chasing motorbikes
when he does catch one he cannot ride it.dream on Ron!!!
Anyway the sub meet promises to be explosive,our vice chairman has an old Leander class frigate loaded with Theatrical maroons and smoke bombs so bring your eels and we can go hunting

Regards Donuts

RonP

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 12:19:33 pm »

Dream on Donuts, when I get that old I will dig the bloody hole myself and jump in. The best thing about being my age is that we dont yell, we dont tell and we are grateful as hell.

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 02:01:53 pm »

Isn't it a case of too young to stop thinking about it but too old to do it .I would stick to that rather large blond you had with you at Grantham if I were you  Ron.
                                                                    Cheers
                                                                        Bob
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

RonP

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 09:42:28 am »

I don't think that my wife would be too pleased at being described as "rather large" however SHE IS  the blonde in question with the grandfather fixation---I am a lucky man.
By thye way---sorry I missed the burn out (bar b que) see you at Norwich, please bring the Futaba with you.
Ron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 10:41:12 am »

I was refering to the one with four legs Ron ,and the burn up is this Saturday
                                                  Cheers
                                                         Biob

RonP

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 07:46:14 am »

Ah in that case I might just make it and pick up the radio while I'm at it if thats OK with you. What times is ingnition
Ron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 08:11:35 am »

Ron P.M. sent

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 01:14:38 pm »

What subs do you run these days Ron?
 What's your sub fleet?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

gyronuts

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 10:50:47 pm »

Many thanks for the hospitality. Sorry i had to leave at 1230 but had 3 hrs worth with lots of sailing. Bill

gyronuts

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 10:54:16 pm »

more pics

RonP

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 01:06:26 am »

What subs do you run these days Ron?
 What's your sub fleet?
Martin,
I run my little Alpha at the moment, it fits on the back of my Goldwing nicely so I get to go biking and boating at the same time. My old type VII is sat on a shelf waiting for a refit, its still works fine but is looking a little sad after 2 house moves in the last 20 years and I have a set of mouldings for my old Resolution and one of my type 21s that will be worked up at some point. On top of that I have a Revell Gato but I cant get enthusiastic about that one, its a nice little boat but the key word here is "little".
My type VII needs a new deck gun (lost the last one after an encounter with a black Labrador) but I feel as though it needs something special rather than a semiscale kit gun so I am planning a trip to Lubeck (near Cuxhaven), the museum there has an 88mm from a U-Boat on the correct mount (lafayette C32) so the plan is to scratch build a brass one in the same way I did my Gato gun some years ago, with luck it might come out as good.
On top of that lot I have a Graupner Wesser fire boat that is now over 30 years old but still works and it gets a run once in a while and a Caldercraft North Light that was left to me when an old friend died a few years ago.
There you go, thats the Perrott fleet as it stands.
Regards
RonP
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.