Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another new member  (Read 1367 times)

matphoto

Another new member
« on: July 21, 2010, 09:04:25 pm »

Hi All
Joined a few days ago. I used to play around with model offshore power boats many moons ago  %% , but due to a business in photography which didn't leave much time for anything else I gave up the modelling. Anyhoo, having recently retired I now have more free time on my hands I am thinking of returning to the hobby,but not to power boats.  %%
I am quite taken with scale boats, particularly lifeboats and am considering building either a Metcalf Waveney or a Model Slipway Tamar. I will have a look at them at the Birchwood weekend then decide which one. In the meantime I will be looking around the forum to glean any information that will be helpful to me.

Cheers

Mat

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Another new member
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 04:20:00 am »

Welcome aboard :-))
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 06:30:33 am »

Welcome from me, too, Mat.

I also am taken by RNLI lifeboats, and my next major project will be a 1/20 scale scratch built Severn class. As far as I am aware, there are none of these (full size) in Australia, so I will also be relying on the forum members, and the internet, for information.

Peter.

matphoto

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 11:10:10 am »

Thanks for the welcome guys.  :-))
When I was knee height to a donkey,  :-) I can remember my parents taking me to Fleetwood for holidays,  {-) nine years on the trot  :} and I can remember rushing down to the lifeboat station whenever the maroons went up. What a sight it was to see the ANN LETITIA RUSSEL going down the slipway in a gale, that sight has always stuck with me, so much so that in later years I donated to the RNLI as a governor and still do, I have great respect for the volunteers who go out in all weathers.
Again thanks for the welcome.  

Mat

matphoto

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 07:23:09 pm »

I am now a happy chappy  O0 I have purchased my winter project at Birchwood show, it is a Model Slipway "Tamar" and Laurie gave me a good deal  O0 .
So now it is just familiarising myself with the plans and instructions and to collect a few more bits and pieces and then it is all systems go. Hopefully I should be able to post some photos of the build. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.