Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just back from Engerland,  (Read 4176 times)

Wasyl

Just back from Engerland,
« on: September 14, 2010, 12:35:26 am »

Hi guys,just got back from Engerland,left this morning at 9am got back at 11pm,was down collecting the MFA Tracker that i got on ebay,what a monster it is,I never realised they were this big,especially the beam,It does,nt have much in the way of detail,but I,ve got an option pack on order,The seller was a true Gent,he threw in more than i,d paid for i.e. brand new 6v/12v  charger,+ AA bat charger,+a well made stand, and new 12v 7ah battery + all bats for the handset and receiver batts+ some other bits and bobs,The motors have less than 1 hour on them,there the MFA torpedo 800,s,I,ll get the boat on the water first before i make a judgement on the motors,and if ,as I,ve been advised that these motors are not fast enough,then i,ll sell them on here and go for the 850,s :-))

Wullie

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Just back from Engerland,
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 01:24:08 am »

Hi Wasyl, it's good to have both of yourselves back  {-) I missed your colourful posts  :-)) A pair of speed 700 BB's might get the job done  or a pair of possible brushless replacements:

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=25053.0;topicseen

hmsantrim

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 01:26:02 am »

Hi.
    Re: Just back from Engerland, by Wasyl

Wondered why it quiet on the forum OUR Wullie has been abroad ... {-)
                              and as you can see he got all dressed up in his traveling clothes.

Wasyl

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 02:22:55 am »

This lot were,nt supposed to see that pic just yet,,,so much fir yer promises,..remind me an my ither half no tae tell you anything again, >>:-(

Wullie

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 08:01:11 am »

Nice green skirt Wullie, I can see why you wanted to keep your little foible a secret!!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 09:10:47 am »

Och Wullie, if ah knew ye wir comin ah wid a got ye bring me some Scotch pies, am sufferin withdrawal symptons as it's bin a while since ma brother wis doon wi some.... there's nothin finer ye kin shove doon yer throat! Ootside of the A47, there's nothin finer tae come oot of Scotland ... apart fae yersel of course!! ok2

dave301bounty

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 08:26:46 pm »

Och Wullie, if ah knew ye wir comin ah wid a got ye bring me some Scotch pies, am sufferin withdrawal symptons as it's bin a while since ma brother wis doon wi some.... there's nothin finer ye kin shove doon yer throat! Ootside of the A47, there's nothin finer tae come oot of Scotland ... apart fae yersel of course!! ok2
I cant add to this ,only second it .

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 09:00:37 pm »

Dave, the only thing I'd change about the statement is that the road number is actually the A74, I think i must be getting numerically dyslecsicalised or summat. My brother usually brings me a boxload of those pies when he comes cos you just can't get em here in Norfolk.
Definately the one gastronomic delight I miss by not living in Scotland.

Wasyl

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 09:57:32 pm »

Sheerline,...Can I assume then,that you don,t like,..in order of delicacy,
1)Malt Whisky---luverly
2)Haggis,---Personal taste,
3)Flemings Steak pies---luverly
4)Steak Sassages {-)---as above
5)80/- ale,as opposed to whatever concoction they serve in Norfolk
6)Arbroath Smokies---luverly,...its ok Dicky,I,m talking about fish,(smoked haddock)
if there are any of the above,..  except 1,and 5, that you,d like to sample,just let me know,and i,ll get them vac packed and send you some,

Wullie

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 11:17:38 pm »

Wullie, with the exception of 1 and 5, I've had em and love em all .  Bruv is coming very shortly with fresh rations so I will get my insatiable appetite satisfied. He calls in at his local butchers and fills a big box up before leaving to drive down here. The best Scotch pies I ever ate were from Kircudbright, I bought some straight out of the oven and left the shop, only to return and complain to the butcher, his eyes raised in horror when I stated he had a problem with his pies. "whits up wi them"? he said.  I says "They only last till the end of the road, geez twa mare man"! The look of relief and laughter in the shop was something to behold.

If I need an emegency food parcel I will send you a signal so many thanks for the wonderful offer of help and sustainence. The steak pies are something God created and gave to the Scots in my opinion and Haggis I can eat till it comes out of my ears!! One good thing is thay my local butcher gets haggis sent down from Edinburgh so I am blessed with that fortunately.

I'm afraid the Whisky passed me by as in my youth I was exposed to it but preferred to try it in my aeroplane engine rather than swallow it. I can hear the cries of 'philistine' and 'moron' wending their way down the A74 from here but I just never enjoyed the stuff. Never was into ale either... yes, yes, I can hear you again but I couldn't stand the smell of the stuff as the beer and fag smoke wafting from the exhaust fan of a Glaswegian Tenants spit and sawdust pub full of miners put me off. The stuff I drink here in Norfolk is all local brew real ales and I have to say, I enjoy it, I can't go for the fizzy stuff.. If you ever come this way I'll buy you some and won't be offended you if you reel back from the experience... each to his own!

All the best Wullie.
Chris

Wasyl

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 12:54:50 am »

Hi Chris,yes indeed,each to his own,whats good for me might not be good to for an other,and far be it for me,to force someone to like my likes,When it comes to food and drink I am a very inquisitive guy,and make a point of,"when in a strange land "sample the food/drink of that land,If i like it,then i can have it again,better to try it,than look at it and decide against it,When i was little,..eons ago,my late Father,did a lot of cooking,He came from the Ukraine via the German Army,to a POW camp in Scotland,
Common fare for me in the 1950,s, was typically  Eastern European,and very repetative,but it was good,think Pigs heads/trotters boiled down and made into hough,then there was big pots of Borsch,.."beet soup,with globules of pork fat floating on the surface, {-)  "lots of Saturated fat,but it never killed me,..well Not yet, {-)
Now i,m more into Scottish fare,but I still love some things Ukrainian/Polish/German,,my favourites being Bratwurst,Bockwurt,and Knodel---potato dumplings,served with weiner schnitzel,then there,s Weijeska,--Polish/Ukrainian salami,made from lean oak smoked pork,or you can try Krakowska,and also Podlaska,you,ll find these in Tesco,s,  now that there are lots of East Europeans in the UK, they need their grub,if you have any difficulty at all in getting any of these ,just let me know,

krgds,
Wullie,
btw
the other Wullie sends his too

hmsantrim

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 07:03:12 am »

Hi Wullie.

ye forgot aboot..... and the deep fried mars bar

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 09:21:36 am »

Very intersting background you have there Wully. I came across a very stong Eastern European presence in Scotland, where I grew up I was surrounded by quite a few Polish, Czhec and Lithuanian people, most had emigrated here during or just before the war I believe.
Certainly sounds as though you have the best of many worlds foodwise but I'm not so sure about the pigs trotters and globules of fat.
Mind you, just after the war there was still rationing and as kids we were always tearing around  so we burned off anything which nowadays may be considered a big 'no no'.
Ma pies are due doon in a few days, ah cannie wait! :-))

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 12:45:13 pm »

Have no fear exports of "our other national drink" are now being shipped onboard dedicated supply vessels to the flatlands by sea thereby keeping the mighty (as in "michty me!" )  A74 artery to the south clear.  Wullie , was your father interned at Doonfoot Camp, Ayr  at any time. If so I might have run errands for him and his mates, cigarettes and for the Italian POWs notes to the local Italian ladies !
..well can you land on this?

Wasyl

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 02:05:05 pm »

I forgot the Clootie Dumpling,wi a skin like leather that you could chew for long time, {-)

Wullie

wbeedie

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 02:17:51 pm »

what about butteries or rowies Wullie ,Lorne sassage and Stornaway balck pudding, gave some lowlanders a taste of the SBP when I was working with them ,they ended up buying a boatload to take home

Wasyl

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 04:52:52 pm »

If I and the rest of Gods children {-)were to name all the good scran that comes out of Scotland,i fear we,d run out of space,..I,ve been trying very hard to think of what i like in Engerland grub,but its hard,..I can,t say i like Jellied Eels,nor Courage beer, or Tetleys,yuk,Barley wine,s not bad,...then there,s that awful Melton Mowbray pork pie,..I like proper Scrumpy, Oh and in my younger day,English women, {-) {-)

Wullie

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 05:09:20 pm »

What you ATE them?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Wasyl

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 05:35:22 pm »

As this is a Family oriententated forum,I will refrain from elaborating,any further, {-) {-)but i,ve no doubt,had the Old Wullie been here, he No Doubt,would have jumped in with both  Tootsies, and in the process,probably incurred the wrath, of Tiger Tiger,Roger the Dodger,and the man himself, {-)and God knows who else,

Wullie 

hmsantrim

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 12:03:27 am »

Aye Aye there goes oor wullie with another dose of foot in mouth and just as irreverent as usual, and he told me he was going to be more demure time... :police: 

HawkEye

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 12:33:25 am »

Reply to your p.m. sent Wasyl.

Regards
HawkEye

mickyrubble

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 02:26:13 am »

No grub like Arbroath smokies for setting you up for a good long run on the motor bike.
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 :-)) O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 23 queries.