Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tomlinson cover up  (Read 2444 times)

firedup

Tomlinson cover up
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:08:40 pm »

How can we have faith in justice when a botched autopsy allows an officer to walk away from an unprovoked attack on a man walking away and nothing to do with the protests.? 

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tomlinson cover up
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:10:08 pm »

He's still subject to an internal disciplinary enquiry so may yet lose his job.

firedup

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:13:34 pm »

Think if it was me I would face more than a loss of my job to date he has been suspended and paid. According to two pathologists reports he died as a result of internal bleeding perhaps due to the unprovoked push.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 10:37:36 pm »

But 'perhaps' isn't conclusive is it - it's just an opinion. It may simply be one of those unfortunate instances where something that a person in good health would shrug off does in fact have more serious consequences due to an unsuspected medical condition in the victiim.

I fell over accidentally the other day in a manner not dissimilar to the way Mr Tomlinson hit the ground but I just got up, dusted myself down, and carried on as normal. I'm not condoning the way that he appeared to be pushed but the consequences appear to have been out of proportion to the scale of the assault which suggests an underlying medical problem of some kind.

firedup

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:53:07 pm »

You fell he was pushed it was not an accident it was an unwarranted assault by a man who should be upholding the law.
If I pushed a man in wheel chair to the ground and it killed him would I be able to claim that he was frail so it was not my problem that he died? 

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 11:11:38 pm »

I'm not saying it wasn't culpable, only that the consequences could not have reasonably have been foreseen - he wasn't in a wheelchair, apparently just one of a number of angry protestors. I might have argued that the reason I fell was because of a raised curb that shouldn't have been there and that the people who installed it were responsible. From the video evidence Mr Tomlinson appeared to have been pushed without apparent good reason and if so then that was wrong. But he got up and only collapsed shortly afterwards which suggests that there were contributing causes to his death. The whole thing is a terrible tragedy but to describe it as a cover up is pushing things too far. Hopefully the policeman concerned will be called to account by his superiors - if not then yes, maybe there is a cover up. At the mopment the CPS is simply saying that there is insufficient evidence to prove without doubt that Mr Tomlinson's death was a direct result of the push he received. It may well have been a contributing factor but that is not deemed to be enough in law.

firedup

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 11:56:16 pm »

Not a protester as if that should matter but a man walking home from work. The man who put in the curb which you tripped on did not intent that you should fall I would suggest that the officer who pushed Tomlinson intended to push him to the ground.
I would suggest that as well as a tragedy it is a cover up the CPS has acted without backbone and without the speed that would have allowed the family of this man to take the matter futher.
If you fail to see this then I suggest that you go to the nearest A&E as you have clearly had a bang on the head and your rose coloured glasses might have slipped.
Give your head a shack as they and smell the coffee.

barryfoote

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 06:49:27 am »

firedup,

I have watched this thread with interest and dismay....Your attitude towards this is based on ignorance and not a little bias!!! >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

Colin has tried to put forward a balanced view and you turn your malice on him....not good. We are all entitled to an opinion...

As for this incident and as someone who worked in the legal profession let me tell you as fact that this police officer could not possibly be prosecuted. There is no evidence at all to suggest that the officer either deliberately or unintentionally helped to cause his death.......end of story! To suggest a CPS cover-up is very immature....The police and CPS traditionally do not get on well. It simply does not happen.

The Officer may well be disciplined by his Force, but even there, the public have only seen what has been broadcast. You have not seen the build up to this situation.

I have said enough..... >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( and do hope that you have too. Please let this matter rest or I will have to ask that the thread be locked or removed as it is not conducive to a peaceful and friendly site..

firedup

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 07:22:22 am »

Your point of view is no more valid than my view, name me a case when misconduct by the police has been handled by the CPS.
A police officer who behaves in this way is not fit for the job and to put forward your explanation as acceptable sells me the public and the police force short.
It took you as an expert minutes to say no case the CPS took so long that the family of this man have limited legal options open to them now.

Too true we have not seen the moments before the push the police have not released the CCTV footage

So I suggest that you cut the thread and go back to reading the Daily Mail can you get it in Spain (I have seen this standard of policing by Spanish police if that's good enough for you so be it?)

wesley

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 07:44:02 am »

Hey ******, if you want to have a go about this there are places on the net http://news.uk.msn.com/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=154192054 where you can spout your bile with impunity. Keep it off of this forum. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

For the record you are only showing everyone on here what a sanctimonious,  bigoted ******you are, when are you going to start blaming terrorists/immigrants or some other minority group for what happened.

There is nothing worse than an idiot with half a story in his pea brain. <*< <*< <*< <*<

Oh by the way this is only MY opinion of you and is just as valid as your opinions.

POST MODERATED: The Mayhem Rules prohibit even thinly disguised bad language.
I am also locking the thread as passions are running high and it would be better to exchange such views elsewhere than on Mayhem.

Roger in France
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.