Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unknown boat/hull  (Read 2312 times)

RyanMc

unknown boat/hull
« on: October 18, 2007, 09:52:29 pm »

Hi all

I am just new to this boat thing and to the forum. I was giving the hull below but no plans and no real further information bar it was a motor torpedo boat hull and that he thought it was modelled on a vosper mtb.

It measures 37" long and 10" wide and has a froc 349 bb rc diesel engine installed. I have added pics below.

If anyone can give me any details or information as to where i can find anything out about the boat or where i can get parts for it or plans i would be really grateful. Sorry for the poor pic quality.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: unknown boat/hull
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 10:04:30 pm »

It looks like a Kingston Mouldings MTB 523

http://www.kingstonmouldings.com

O0
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 10:17:20 pm »

Could be about 1/24 th scale, or at least, fittings to that scale should look right.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

cdsc123

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 10:31:08 pm »

It is 523 on this page
http://www.kingstonmouldings.com/pdvospermtb.htm
I'll scan the plan and send it on if you like, you can probably buy the fittings kit from Jonathan at Deans Marine, or get the bits separately from Chris at HSL Mouldings.
I think the hull must be the Kingston one, the Deans one is not quite the same, for example the exhaust ports on the sides are moulded in. Don't bond the deck down until you get the plans, it looks to have been cut too narrow from your photos. There were two versions of this boat, the first ones saw wartime service and were numbered 379-396 (from memory), and the ones which weren't completed until hostilities ended, Nos 523-537 (I think). The difference was the first batch were true MTBs with 4 18" tubes, a twin 20mm Oerlikon machine gun up front and two twin Vickers .303 MGs aft. The later boats were supposed to be effective as MTBs and as MGBs as such had a much heavier gun armament, with a 6 PDR QF gun up front, the twin 20mm was moved aft plus the .303 MGs, but only two 18" torpedo tubes..

RyanMc

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 09:23:02 am »

Yeah if you could scan them and send to me cdsc123 that would help alot.

Thanks for the help so far, no doubt i will be asking alot more questions in the near future as i build the project up.

cdsc123

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 07:30:03 pm »

Hi RyanMc

I'm afraid I stayed here this weekend, so as not to miss the rugby and the F1 as I get ITV1 here.
This means I've not been able to grab the plan.
I'll definately be able to get it next w/e, but in the meantime if anyone else has it...
Otherwise I think it's a tenner from MyHobbyStore.

p.s. I take it back about he beam, if she measures 10" across that's fine.

RyanMc

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 07:43:47 pm »

Hi all I have decided not to build this boat anymore and it is still sitting in the same conditon. It is a pity but I think it was a step to far for me as a first boat so I have decided to sell it with the engine and plans :((
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.